Senior Valuation Consultant
Senior Valuation Consultant
JSI is the consulting and broadband solutions leader for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. In addition, with the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI is offering engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the US communications space has been growing rapidly, and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
We are in a period of unprecedented growth and are seeking a Senior Valuation Consultant to support our Financial Advisory Department remotely or in our Greenbelt, Maryland, headquarters.
The ideal candidate would have three-to-five years of valuation experience at a top accounting / consulting firm with robust financial modeling, analytical, and writing skills. Additionally, the candidate should be able to multi-task across several engagements at one time and prioritize tasks with limited direct supervision. The candidate should not need sponsorship.
In this position, the candidate would be responsible for conducting:
- Business enterprise and equity valuations Purchase price allocations Business unit and asset impairment valuations Financial analysis for buy/sell-side transactions
This role is a unique opportunity to progress a career in finance with a fast-growing firm, develop knowledge and experience in a rapidly growing sector, and acquire exposure to M&A and transaction-related projects.
- Perform valuations on private telecommunications entities using accepted and relevant approaches Design and work with financial models for DCF, market multiple, and market transaction analysis Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and site visits Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner Perform M&A activity research in the telecommunications/IT industries, including in-depth client, industry, market, and competitor research Contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations, and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, or a related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in valuation work with a top accounting, finance, or consulting firm
- Industry experience in telecommunications/information technology industries a plus
- CPA, CFA, and/or MBA a plus
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) or Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), a plus
- Deep understanding of accounting & valuation principles
- Ability to build/navigate financial models & overall working knowledge of Excel
- Effective communication skills and ability to write/draft reports in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, comprehension, and problem-solving skills
- Preferably in Greenbelt, MD, but it can be remote; some travel within the US may be required
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Finance - General Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Finance - General Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Finance - General Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Finance - General Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors