We are seeking an investment associate to join our growing Vienna, VA (hybrid remote/office) team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for investments and has 3-5 years of experience in the financial planning and/or investment management field. This new team member will be responsible for leading our investment research team and running our portfolio management software for client portfolios across the firm. The primary daily responsibilities also include trading accounts, ongoing investment research, and rebalancing client portfolios.
At VLP Financial Advisors, we believe that financial planning is a process, not a product. Our team aims to provide clients with the highest quality investment and planning services by employing sophisticated investment solutions tailored to each individual situation.
Employee owned, VLP Financial Advisors has grown from a sole practitioner to a partnership with 18 employees and managing over $1.2 billion in client assets nationwide. The continued growth and success of the firm is through the referrals of our valued clients and strategic alliances, and our commitment to employing industry leading professionals to provide excellent service.
- Trading and implementation of new and existing client investment strategies.
- Maintain database of client portfolio information
- Develop and maintain trading models
- Develop and maintain reporting templates
- Assist in the review of Investment Policy Statement revisions/reviews for new and existing clients.
- Work with Client Service Manager and Advisor to ensure all client cash/portfolio needs are met (RMDs, distribution requests, contributions…)
Investment Management and Research
- Research, collect and analyze information to assist the investment committee in making effective decisions on client portfolios and investment opportunities.
- Participate and attend varying industry portfolio and investment calls and conferences and report back to Investment committee
- Present new ideas and adjustments to existing investments.
- Due diligence and research of new and existing managers and alternative investments.
- Maintain relationships with various mutual fund, ETF and alternative investment vendors
- Assist in the creation, editing, and submittal of Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation concerning new business development
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in portfolio/investment management & financials planning.
- Series 7 or attain within 6-12 months
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or willingness to attain
- Outstanding research, collaboration, communication, problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Portfolio Management system such as Tamarac Advisor View and Rebalancer or similar software such as Orion, iRebal, Redtail, Morningstar, Bloomberg….
- Competitive pay based on experience
- 401(k) matching & profit sharing
- Vision, Dental, Health
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off- 3 weeks & 11 paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Hybrid – remote & office
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors