Job Title: MLRO/Nominated Officer (SMF17)Location: Central LondonJob Status: Permanent, Full TimeSalary: £55,000 to £65,0000 plus annual bonus schemeFINCO Search is exclusively and confidentially retained by an International Money Service Business (MSB) with multiple exchanges worldwide in their search for a Compliance Officer to act as MLRO (Nominated Officer/SMF17) at their offices in Central London.
This position collaborates with and takes direction from the Head of Group Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing and the Internal Control Body based at their international HQ. The role holder requires significant knowledge of the UK regulatory environment. In additional a strong understanding of the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Financial crime risks exposed to a Money Service Business.
The Compliance Officer/Nominated Officer will be responsible for the review and submission of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) to the FIU, monitor the day-to-day operation of its anti-money laundering policies; and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the NCA/HMRC.
The Compliance Officer and Nominated Officer will work with the company's network across the UK to ensure the business remains compliant in the areas of anti-money laundering, local banking laws, and GDPR. You will liaise regularly with senior management, branch management, local government regulatory authorities, and business partners to ensure that the business operations are compliant in accordance with UK regulations.Main duties and responsibilities:
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing ("AML/CTF")
The Compliance and Nominated Officer (MLRO) works closely with the Head of Group AML & CTF to establish, maintain and develop a robust and effective AML/CTF framework throughout the UK covering the following business operations:
Compliance risk analysis
- Retail Bureau de Change
- Wholesale Cash Processing
Responsible for the ongoing transactional monitoring of all business services, including record keeping maintenance and the investigation and review of any unusual trends or patterns.EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5 years relevant Compliance experience ideally in a Money Service Business or similar.
- CDD/EDD/KYC/KYB on-boarding experience
- Experience of dealing with consumers within a compliance context
- Compliance monitoring experience
- Ability to extract and analyse data with good reporting and presentation skills.
- Proficient IT skills with excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing (at all levels).
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise work to meet strict deadlines
- Minimum Level 5 Compliance / AML qualification
- Individually approved by the FCA
Whilst the role may allow for a proportion of home-based working, the position is office-based. Therefore, you must be able to commute daily, or as required, to their offices in Central London.
For more information on this position please contact Jonathan Margrave on +44 203 927 5082 or email email@example.com, alternatively you can submit your CV by using the apply button below.