Senior Portfolio Specialist - Investment Services
What is Voya?
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees focused on helping clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $268 billion in assets across fixed income, senior loans, equities, multi‐asset strategies and solutions, private equity, and real assets. Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, the firm’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index. investment results.
What is MASS?
As client needs evolved from products toward investment solutions, Voya established the Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions (MASS) Group to deliver holistic solutions that help investors achieve their long-term goals. The MASS team brings an extensive, value add tool kit to multi-asset and multi-manager investing with deep expertise in glide path modeling, asset allocation, macroeconomic forecasting, optimization techniques, actuarial sciences, portfolio implementation and manager selection and research. The team currently manages over $34 billion across a broad range of products and solutions including target date, retirement income, risk based, alternative risk premia, multi-manager funds and other multi-asset solutions (as of 3/31/22).
What are the job responsibilities?
MASS is seeking a Portfolio Specialist to articulate the philosophy, process, and performance of Voya IM MASS team’s investment strategies. As the primary point of contact for their assigned strategies, this individual would serve as a liaison between the portfolio management team and Voya’s distribution channels, sales and marketing staff and clients. In addition, this person will act as a lead implementer for their strategy’s efforts as well as assist with new product development, client support, marketing, positioning, and competitive analysis.
This role involves communicating Voya IM’s products and capabilities to new and existing clients, consultants, and internal groups, as well as creating client presentations and marketing materials, responding to product-specific or market related inquiries, and conducting performance or other related analyses to help defend or promote their assigned strategies. This candidate would also be responsible for partnering with sales and relationship management teams to develop a strategy plan for key clients and distribution channels and support all stages of the new product development process.
Acting as a product champion within multiple channels, this individual should have a high degree of knowledge about their strategies’ investment philosophy and process, performance, risks, portfolio construction, and competitive position in the marketplace. Excellent communication and presentation skills are also a must for this function, as this role requires a high level of interaction with Voya IM clients, consultants, and internal/external investment professionals.
· 6-8 years of business experience in portfolio management, project management, marketing/sales, or specialist positions. Relevant experience in product development is a plus.
· Must maintain a high level of Voya IM product/portfolio and industry knowledge
· Strong leadership, management, and influencing skills congruent with a seasoned investment professional
· Ability to write commentaries/technical parts of RFPs effectively
· Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills, as this individual will interact with many different parts of the organization
· Strong, demonstrated skills in oral and written communication, including experience in effectively communicating with domestic and international employees, colleagues, clients, and executives
· Familiarity with market data vendor platforms like Morningstar, Bloomberg, etc.
· Highly detail-oriented with excellent analytical, organizational, and technical skills
· High level of flexibility is essential, with willingness to travel
· Bachelor’s degree required
· MBA or CFA (or progress towards obtaining) is preferred
· Series 7 a plus