We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable process. Main responsibilities are coordinating invoices, being the liaison between Treasury, clients, and vendors on a regular basis and managing the timely processing of all payables. The position requires continuous interaction with colleagues from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, HR, Payroll and subsidiaries in order to obtain all information necessary to perform the job. Key Responsibilities:
- The Senior A/P Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee full-cycle Accounts Payable (A/P) processes.
- Review around 400-500 invoices per month for accurate information prior to payment in ReadSoft and SAP.
- Maintain invoices queues daily to endure payments are up to date.
- Correspond with vendors, internal colleagues and external clients, and respond to inquiries daily.
- Focus on streamlining and automating accounts payable processes.
- Proactively and effectively respond to inquiries from various levels of management and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Address high volumes of emails daily.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects including year-end accruals, internal/external audits and 1099s.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in Accounts Payable
- Strong accounting fundamentals
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP system, ReadSoft is preferred
- Strong sense of urgency and able to organize and prioritize; including handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- High quality written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
- Ability to work with a strong sense of accountability, integrity, and ownership
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong commitment to producing quality work to ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely
- Experience working independently as well as strong desire to work in a team environment to accomplish business objectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while remaining flexible to changing priorities
- Experience delivering on assigned responsibilities with attention to detail, and use of effective interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate and contribute in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt and learn new concepts, skills, and technologies to help improve processes
- Committed to PIMCOs values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office