International Research Analyst with a small/mid-cap focus
Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment, a Registered Investment Advisor based in Los Angeles, is currently searching for an International Research Analyst with a small/mid-cap focus. This position reports directly to our Chief Investment Officer.
The International Research Analyst will be a generalist who assesses industry dynamics, identify competitively advantaged businesses, financial analysis, writes research reports, and make investment recommendations.
The candidate should feel comfortable with both growth and value investment methods as well as domestic and international accounting standards. We have a disciplined, long-term-oriented, investment style emphasizing high-quality stocks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess industry dynamics and identify leading businesses
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry sectors
- Perform extensive financial analysis
- Prepare research reports as well as written and verbal presentations on research findings. Make portfolio recommendations based on findings
- Establish and maintain relationships with investor contacts, including Wall Street brokers and analysts, company contacts, and client contacts
- Perform other duties as required by management
- 0-5 years of experience post-MBA; CFA is preferred
- International equity experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements; ability to understand and construct financial models
- Knowledge of industry sectors – the factors which drive cycles, the differentiators within the industry, the various peer groups, and the relative positions of our holdings within their peer groups
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a listing of the other job responsibilities that may not be core to the position but are part of the position’s function
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing, as the analyst must stay current on individual companies we hold in our portfolio and screen for new ideas which should be vetted.
- Skills in writing for company reports and other communication, and an oral presentation for explaining and recommending equities for our portfolios.
- Skill with computer-based information systems, including Excel, Bloomberg, and FactSet.
- Travel as needed.
BENEFITS AT KAR:
In addition to health insurance, Vacation, PTO benefits, and a generous 401(k) company match, KAR is proud to offer its employees benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts including Dependent Care
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 24-Hour Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Family Care Time
- Paid Volunteer days
- Gym onsite
- Lunch provided
KAR is made up of diverse, talented, and passionate employees working together to achieve a common and rewarding goal: providing high-quality investment strategies and wealth solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking candidates who possess the skills, vision, and determination to excel in their chosen fields.