Buy Side Equity Research Analyst- Technology Sector
Silvercrest Asset Management Group is a registered investment advisor that provides asset management and family office services to families and select institutional investors. Silvercrest currently advises on $18 billion for a clientele comprised primarily of families, endowments, foundations, and other institutional investors.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Equity Research Analyst to join Silvercrest’ s Milwaukee based Growth Equity team. The Growth Team is a highly collaborative group that is competitively compensated based on the team’s overall performance. We work in a fast-paced culture yet offer Analysts flexibility to hone and develop their own craft to achieve excess returns and contribute to the team’s overall success.
The Analyst will primarily conduct research in the Technology Sector, specifically software, Internet, financial technology, and business services. The Analyst will support the team’s Growth Equity portfolios spanning small to large market capitalizations. The Analyst will research portfolio and relevant benchmark companies through a variety of duties:
• Propose investment within the Technology sector for inclusion into portfolios,
• Interact directly with three primary portfolio management teams,
• Irrepressible curiosity, with an eagerness to dig deep and explore widely, but always with a healthy degree of skepticism
• Develop an active dialog with senior management of existing and potential holdings,
• Attend investment and trade conferences,
• Collaborate with the team’s other sector analysts,
• Participate in onsite company visits,
• Contribute to marketing meetings with consultants, advisors, clients, and prospects
• Attain ongoing interaction with sell side analysts, and
• Maintain certain internal dashboards relevant to the Technology Sector.
The career path of a successful Analyst is to become Sector lead and Senior Analyst for the team’s Technology-related industries. The speed at which the Analyst succeeds depends on his/her ability to collaborate with team members, concisely articulate investment ideas and buy/sell decisions, generate alpha for the portfolios, and continually innovate new ways to uncover unique, proprietary research.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience on buy-side or sell-side
• Technology sector experience is a must, preferably expertise in software, internet, and business services
• CFA designation, or enrollment in CFA curriculum preferred
• Develop a network of relationships with industry experts and covered company representatives to enhance our research knowledge and portfolio alpha generation
• Comfortable covering technology stocks across the entire small to large capitalization spectrum
• Passion for Growth Equity investing
• Perform fundamental, bottom-up equity research and valuation analysis of individual securities as part of a stock selection process
• Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly
• Self-starter with excellent time management skills who works with a sense of urgency
• Support and contribute to the team’s long-term goals, including collaboration with global colleagues
Interested applicants can email resume to: email@example.com
Silvercrest Asset Management Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.