Research Associate, Energy Services
ATB Capital Markets, a division of ATB Financial, is a fully integrated broker dealer providing a full suite of financial service solutions for the treasury, finance, capital markets and advisory needs of its corporate clients including:
- Corporate banking, loan syndications and project finance
- Debt capital, equity capital and financial markets
- Institutional sales and trading
- Expert advice on mergers and acquisitions, divestiture and private equity
- Institutional research to leverage industry and sector insight
ATB Capital Markets is looking for a Research Associate to join our Energy Services & Industrials Equity Research group based in Calgary.
Job Number: REQ4399
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Apply by: July 24, 2022. Please note we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis and may close the posting early if a suitable candidate is found.
System Title: Institutional Researcher 7
# Positions available: 1
As ATB’s next Research Associate you are curious, hungry and passionate about the energy field. You understand the unique environment of Western Canada and its economy. You are a team player, eager to learn and looking to grow in your career.
This position is based out of Calgary, AB and will be positioned in our Eighth Avenue Place building. Relocation reimbursement/assistance will not be provided.
- Develop and grow a working understanding of industry trends for use in investment idea generation.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports on industry trends and investment ideas, including writing, editing, quality control, preparation of financial tables & exhibits, and final report preparation.
- Conduct primary research from industry and financial sources.
- Liaise with executive management teams of various companies to understand business operations and updates.
- Input and manipulate data in company financial models and create exhibits suitable for publishing and analysis.
- Maintenance of industry databases and company-specific spreadsheets as well as the use of industry-specific software.
- Prepare and maintain marketing presentations as required.
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines.
- Comfortable presenting to executives and other stakeholders
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, technical and writing skills.
- Experience working with market data sets and add-ins including Bloomberg, Thomson, FactSet and Capital IQ is considered an asset.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) VBA experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to deliver in a high-performing culture, often with extended hours which can be dictated by market news flows.
- High level of dedication, diligence, and pride in quality of work.
- Strong communication skills, confident, with a drive to succeed.
Education & Professional Accreditation:
- A bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or Geology.
- A CPA designation is considered an asset.
- Enrolment ,or plans for enrolment, in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is a requirement.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
Stay in touch!