Performance & Analytics Manager
This is a Performance & Analytics role within the London Performance & Attribution team. The team works to ensure the delivery of Investment Performance & Analytics reporting to our growing client base, implementation of client projects and maintaining positive relationships with client counterparts.
- Expert knowledge in the production cycle, maintenance and enhancement of Performance & Analytics services to a Asset Management Client base
- Project work, including on-boarding new clients and liaising with multiple stakeholders
Provide necessary support to other Investment Analytics Functions, Equity, Multi-Asset & Fixed Income Attribution Teams as well as GIPS Services, Change Management and Offshore Partners.
- Management Information Statistics (MIS) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) maintenance
- Ability to help build operational models for new services
- Provide 1st class client service and work effectively with Client stakeholders
- Performance reporting follows a monthly cycle for the Institutional Marketing / Fund Managers / Senior Management.
- Provide technical expertise on Performance & Attribution to clients and other departments and able to manually calculate and prove out performance and associated analytics and communicate in a simple manner to clients and other departments.
- Each member of the team assists where necessary to produce ad-hoc Performance data for other Departments
- Provide clients with feedback to the Investment Decision Process.
- Maintain strong internal / external relations
- Help drive team forward and promote team working
- Performance reporting to be completed within SLA targets
- Team Management responsibilities
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Sharing knowledge and training other team members to increase knowledge and skills of the team
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- All matters that could have an adverse impact on State Street, its clients and its relationships with regulators will be escalated to, X (Head of P&A in the site), relevant functional heads and to legal entity boards as appropriate. I understand that it is my responsibility to make sure that all matters I escalate are appropriately resolved.