Role Profile: Fixed Income Portfolio Specialist
The Portfolio Specialist team act as facilitators between the investment team, the distribution team and our clients. They provide vital support in positioning and commercialising our investment capabilities and servicing our clients. Portfolio Specialists also play an active role and important role in new product development and serve as a key contact for Legal and Compliance on all investment product related communication.
Portfolio Specialists are highly motivated and organized individuals with the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
The specific skills required of a fixed income portfolio specialist are as follows:
• Partner with our distribution colleagues in the development of marketing materials and contribute to the movement of client opportunities through the new business pipeline.
• Deliver high-quality marketing and investment content and provide ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process and performance of FICC asset classes.
• Analyze, organize and present portfolio & market characteristics, performance & attribution and business-related data connected to our Fixed Income Cash & Currency (FICC) organization.
• Serve as internal subject matter experts for Fixed Income, working closely with portfolio management teams to explain how changes to investment strategy and market dynamics impact performance.
Write weekly, monthly and quarterly market commentaries for publication.
• Support the development of custom solutions and provide content to support existing clients, consultants and new business prospects.
• Liaise with colleagues across the firm to prepare and analyze month-end and quarter-end client reports.
Successful candidates will have a primary or similar degree and will have some combination of the following skills/experience:
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Strong written communication skills
• Investment experience and intellectual curiosity in in Fixed Income
• 5-10 years investment experience
• Experience working with institutional client relationships
• CFA is strongly preferred
Technical skills required of the Portfolio Specialist role:
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet and StyleAdvisor preferred
• Knowledge of Bloomberg PORT preferred
• Excellent quantitative skills are required, in particular the ability to analyze and evaluate numerical data and present findings
• Knowledge of Fixed Income important but backgrounds in other asset classes considered
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and multitask
• Application of creative thinking to problems and systems/process improvements
• Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the potential to develop presentation skills