A San Francisco based investment office focused on providing differentiated investment solutions for a select group of families and institutions is looking to add to their investment and client service teams. Bringing forth significant experience managing capital on behalf of elite endowments, family offices, and investment management organizations, the firm is focused on generating top-quartile risk-adjusted performance across a broad array of asset classes utilizing an open-architecture investment approach.
Job Description and Candidate Profile
The Investment Analyst (IA) will be responsible for supporting both the investment and client service teams, providing a wide range of portfolio analysis, cash flow modeling, presentation development, and data collection initiatives. The IA will work closely with the firm’s senior leadership to execute key workflow items, helping to drive investment results and assemble key client deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have up to 5 years of experience, preferably at a multi-family office/UHNW wealth management firm, or within asset management, investment banking, management consulting, or other quantitatively-oriented professional backgrounds. A sound understanding of financial markets is desired. Analytical thinking, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness are among the key attributes sought. Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a self-starter attitude are essential.
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models to track & manage cash flow projections for private investment funds and client portfolios across multiple account entities.
- Support the development of presentation materials for clients and prospects, incorporating detailed portfolio analysis, performance reporting, asset allocation, and investment outlook modules.
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of client portfolio positions, including timely performance updates, scheduling of semi-annual/annual update calls, and compiling summary write-ups.
- Participate in meetings and quarterly calls with current and prospective investment managers; maintain current records for capital at risk and investment pipeline.
- General statistical and analytical work to support and enhance asset allocation, portfolio construction, and cash flow management objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support efficient cross-functional operation of the firm’s investment and client service departments.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFA Charterholders are desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital markets, alternative investment strategies, and the investment management business.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience with Addepar is a plus.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, be proactive, and be able to handle confidential material.
- Demonstrated skill in independent thinking and problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizational teams and offices.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position will be based in San Francisco office. Interested candidates: please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.