We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Client Billing department is comprised of revenue professionals focused in three functional areas: Billing, Reporting, and Cash Applications. The department is responsible for calculating, invoicing and collecting separate account revenue for all entities and we are seeking highly motivated and intellectually curious Analyst to join our team and support the Billing team.
Billing Analysts have a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role by providing superior service to our clients, identify high-impact process improvements that drive business results, and work on technology projects to develop best-in-class results. As a successful team member and contributor, you must have a high level of integrity, work well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment and be able to meet rigorous deadlines while maintaining accuracy. You will be self-motivated, self-directed, and confident with a collaborative approach.
- Calculate, produce, and review specialized fixed and incentive investment management fee invoices, approximately 350 per quarter, with impeccable accuracy.
- Provide accurate monthly revenue calculations to our Accounting partner for booking into the company's general ledger under tight deadlines. Provide comprehensive variance analysis on MoM net accruals for accounts that fall out of tolerance.
- Support our clients by responding to and resolving inquiries (both written and verbal) with urgency and precision.
- Proactively address issues that may result in a delay in invoicing
- Independently analyze and problem-solve billing issues with minimal to no guidance
- Collect and analyze internal management reports for accuracy and completeness. Perform independent and comprehensive analysis on delta reports.
- Coordinate with global colleagues in Legal, Account Management, Finance and other parties to resolve issues promptly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with the A/R Analyst and Client Billing Management teams to identify and implement efficiencies while mitigating risks.
- Conduct training and mentor new hires
- Act as a subject matter expert in billing systems and procedures
- Oversight of month-end accrual processes
Professional Skills Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Technology
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in accounts receivable, accounting and/or operations
- Strong accounting fundamentals
- Possess intellectual curiosity and strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively and autonomously problem solve
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment, which includes handling multiple tasks and challenging deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
- Ability to work with a strong sense of accountability, integrity and ownership
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook
- Committed to PIMCOs values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage a large number of ongoing initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities through pursuing excellence, impeccable attention to detail, and use of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support dynamic initiatives in fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive self-starter and quick learner; adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office