Who we are looking for:
The candidate will be expected to manage the day to day running of the EMEA Portfolio Services Team (supporting large client (s)), covering Portfolio Control, Cash Administration, Front Office Data Control functions.
The manager is required to manage the team effectively in order to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any change request on-boarding as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a new conversion. Why this role is important to us:
State Street GD is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution. What you will be responsible for:
In this role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opportunities for you to participate in and lead strategic special projects will be available for you to grow and develop leadership skills.
As Portfolio Services Manager you will:
What we value:
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle Office Teams on more complex queries / issues / breaks requiring end to end portfolio services support.
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all Middle Office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to Middle Office.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to represent the Cash Admin team in front of a client.
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Act as the Governance lead for offshore locations where applicable
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Manage staff to meet goals if applicable; conduct regular team meetings with Staff.
- Track work effort and goals - individual and team
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 12+ years of Investment Management experience; Prior management experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client facing & presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and accounting platforms
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
- Motivated and team oriented individual who possesses the ability to work in an energizing environment while handling multiple tasks
- Capable of adapting and leading through change
- 10+ years experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience in back- and middle-office management of high-demand middle-office clients is considered a plus
Some travel may be required About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers