ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the maintenance and development of a portfolio of private banking customers. Building relationships with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction through the provision of excellent customer service
• Interpretation of financial information provided by customers, evaluating lending propositions, assessing and formulating risk ratings correctly and structuring transactions
• Completion of credit applications and credit annual reviews in line with the Bank's Credit Policy
• Develop and maintain a sound understanding of the local market, and to maintain relationships with professional firms and introducers
• Attendance at suitable networking events and undertaking targeted business development activities
• Identifying and meeting prospective new customers/introducers and presenting how we work and what we can offer in terms of service and facilities
• Identify and offer customers on a needs basis, the appropriate Handelsbanken products and services (including the provision of regulated Mortgage advice and recommendations), effectively communicating relevant features, benefits and risks
• General administration, preparation/reviewing of legal documentation for accounts (including Know Your Customer / Anti-Money Laundering reviews), lending facilities and securities
• Responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the Branch Mortgage Matrix, with liaison with the Branch Manager
• Full adherence to the regulations and policies surrounding the advice and sales of regulated mortgage contracts (including the Bank's Responsible Lending Policy)
• Working alongside the branch team to ensure the highest levels of customer service and good administrative order are maintained whilst working to achieve the Branch Business Plan goalsDevelopment Potential:
There will be ample scope for the successful applicant to develop their relationship management and business development skills and general Bank knowledge within the Branch and Private Banking market. The branch has a diverse customer base and the successful candidate will engage with customers and professionals at all levels. We are committed to personal development, with this role providing the opportunity to develop soft skills and technical acumen with vast opportunities for growth and long-term career development. Appropriate training and support will be provided.SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant must
be CeMAP qualified.
Applicants with a proven track-record in relationship and portfolio management are welcomed. The successful candidate will have experience in lending to private customers and will take the initiative to drive their own performance. They will have demonstrable knowledge of the Bank's suite of private banking products and a good understanding of competitor products, relevant industry and market driven trends. The applicant will take ownership of their portfolio and have strong business development capabilities.
The successful applicant will have the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Handelsbanken effectively. There will be significant contact with customers and external professionals and effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are therefore essential.
The applicant must be a strong team player, flexible, proactive and conscientious and bring a positive attitude. The successful candidate will work with integrity and discretion and be able to work effectively under pressure. The successful candidate will have full appreciation of the need to provide and be able to deliver an exceptional level of service to existing and potential customers. They will have strong attention to detail and an organised approach to work, and will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with high levels of accuracy.
Previous experience in dealing with lending documentation/security and AML/KYC procedures for personal customers/transactions would be advantageous. In order to successfully undertake this role, a high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) is essential. Training will be provided on additional internal IT systems.
You must comply with 5 Conduct rules i.e.
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- observe proper standards of market conduct.
This role falls within the Certification Regime
which requires the job holder prior to commencing the role to be certified/ within 12 months to be certified by the Bank confirming that they are "fit and proper" to carry out this role i.e.
- demonstrates honesty and integrity
- competence and capability
- financial soundness.
In addition Criminal record (DBS) and credit checks and regulatory references will be taken as appropriate, which may involve contacting former employers. The job holder will then be required to complete an annual application for certification reconfirming that they are "fit and proper" to carry out their role.
Handelsbanken Group are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work, regardless of age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.