As VP, Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate Development and directly reporting into the founder (CEO), this position will be responsible for shaping of the business's strategy by identifying cash-generating, profitable businesses where there is a tremendous amount of unrealized value and or synergy with the parent entity or a subsidiaries business activity. This role will be instrumental in accelerating entrepreneurial and inorganic growth for the parent company - aiming to complete at least USD $75 million worth of mergers and acquisitions by June 2023.
50% of travelling averagely will be expected. The key responsibilities will include:
Key Skillsets and Requirements:
- Source, negotiate, structure, and execute strategic mergers and acquisitions across all geographies, industries, etc.
- Identify strategic mergers and acquisitions to help the business development and consolidation of health technology products/services for the business, with synergetic, value-added businesses contributing to the larger goal of creating a healthcare ecosystem.
- Manage B2B operations and partnerships for the business (once established) - working to accelerate growth in the business lines of corporate wellness services and trainer management tools.
- Sourcing deals and managing external relationships (with banks, funds, etc.) and evaluating and executing partnerships, acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs, and joint ventures.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A process, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, there is alignment with the business plans, and everything is integrated and optimized smoothly.
- Work alongside finance, accounting, legal & HR to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Managing key deliverables with subsidiaries, overseeing execution of the business plans developed by the business, the venture-builder.
- For all of this, work alongside the CEO, to achieve the vision of creating a diversified holding company that has a number of independently operated, cash-generating businesses that are fast-growing with us, the parent company, outlining a number of initiatives, strategies, business models, etc. to unlock value for these businesses.
- Minimum 10 years' experience at either in-house corporate development / M&A role at HQ level (preferable), management consulting, investment bank, transaction advisory or financial sponsor
- Experience in industry/business research and analysis, strategy assessment and formulation, articulation of investment cases; thorough the in-house activities including secondary and primary industry interviews, consumer research, and strategic and financial assessment
- Experience in engaging in M&A deal process including target listing, target approach, business case, financial valuation, transaction structuring, transaction process management, due diligence and negotiation of agreements, across mid-sized to large deals
- Experience in PMI planning and implementation and post-acquisition monitoring
- Good skills in various business study/research activities, strategy assessment and formulation, business case/financial modelling, financial and legal due diligence, negotiation and legal documentation, and PMI planning
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent knowledge and capability; in business strategy, marketing, operation, accounting and finance
- Experience in project lead of geographically and culturally diversified team
- Collaborative hands-on working style, focused on achievements
- Adaptable, tenacious, self starter and self reliant
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to Claire Chua thank you.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R1108933