Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
As part of the continued growth of our business, we are currently recruiting for a Relationship Analyst to join our Business Development & Relationship Management Group (the Client Group). This individual will be an integral member of Alternatives team supporting the prospecting activities for our privates and liquid alternatives strategies across the EMEA region and will be based in London.
This Relationship Analyst (RA) role will provide support to our centralized Alternatives team, who will look to both directly drive business development activity for our alternatives strategies, as well as partnering with regional business development generalist teams sharing their experience to drive growth across the EMEA region.
Success in this role requires the RA to have the ability to be proactive in supporting our business development activities, looking to assess and support our prospect and cross sell opportunities. RAs have a broad range of responsibilities including collecting and analyzing prospect, competitor, and industry information, participating in client/prospect calls and meetings, partnering with IPFS (product management) to curate alts messaging, working with marketing and capital introduction teams to assist with road shows, swings, and conferences, and coordinating and creating comprehensive responses to and materials for presentations, RFPs and other client requests. The RA also collects and maintains CRM information necessary to create and maintain a strong pipeline of prospects, including understanding the latest industry developments and uncovering potential business opportunities.
The RA will work closely with the team's Alternatives Directors and Business Developers supporting our sales initiatives across Wellington's alternatives platform. Alternatives Directors and Business Developers work closely with prospects and clients to identify and implement alternatives focused investment solutions to meet their needs. A great deal of preparation goes into every meeting, proposal and product presentation, and RAs are integral to the process.
Attention to detail is critical - the ability not only to pull data from the various applications available, but also to analyse the data and understand whether that data makes sense. RAs need to have the ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines often need to be met under significant time pressure. Finally, RAs should have a solid knowledge of investments, such that they are able to fully understand, and respond to, client enquiries and requests.
The RA will work closely with the team's Alternatives Directors and Business Developers to accomplish the following:
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's alternatives product offerings;
- Serve as an alternatives focused contact for prospects/clients and for internal Wellington Management colleagues in the EMEA region;
- Prepare standard and/or customised prospect presentation materials, briefing and collateral materials as well as drafting meeting notes required for external meetings. Coordinate an respond to agreed follow ups;
- Participate in in-house client and prospect meetings and conference calls as appropriate;
- Qualifying and coordinating Requests for Information/Due Diligence Questionnaires (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and work with internal teams to ensure that each one receives a full proper response;
- Conduct deep analysis on potential client and prospect new business opportunities;
- Maintain an understanding of competitive peer groups and conduct peer analysis, business management and strategy work
- Capture and maintain client data in relevant internal systems;
- Conduct analysis, initiating investigations and responding to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics, including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, market trends, regulation considerations, and fees;
- Acting as a point of contact for various groups within client organizations;
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably gained within the Investment Management industry. Experience of working within a sales support role dealing with private investments or hedge funds would be advantageous;
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of capital markets and/or investment products;
- Have a strong academic background. Ideally this will include progress towards a professional qualification (e.g CFA, CAIA, or equivalent);
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written English language skills. Fluency in other languages would be advantageous;
- Be self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic;
- Be a natural collaborator who can work well in a small team.
- Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .