Senior Equity Analyst, Technology/Portfolio Manager
Saturna Capital, a global investment management firm, seeks candidates for a full-time Senior Technology-Focused Equity Analyst/Portfolio Manager based in our Bellingham office.
Headquartered in Bellingham, WA and founded in 1989, Saturna Capital is an investment adviser to thirteen mutual funds and a variety of private client and other pooled investment funds. We are long-term value and values-based investors. Saturna has experienced rapid growth and we are seeking to expand our equity research and portfolio management team. Company culture emphasizes sustainability and employee wellness, and employees enjoy many benefits – including profit sharing, 401(k) matching, generous annual leave, 100% of employee medical insurance premiums paid by the company, remote work options, discounted lift tickets to Mt. Baker Ski Resort, free gym membership, etc.
The Senior Equity Analyst and Portfolio Manager will report to the Chief Investment Officer and will be responsible for providing detailed fundamental analysis of domestic and international technology industries and companies. Technology stocks account for a significant portion of Saturna’s investments and we are seeking to strengthen our coverage. Additionally, we anticipate that the successful candidate will eventually manage one or more equity portfolios. Over the next several years, some of Saturna’s more experienced analysts and portfolio managers will transition to less active roles and we seek a candidate with the experience and standing to assume a senior leadership position, including Chief Investment Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide coverage and detailed fundamental analysis, including financial modeling, of domestic and international technology companies and industries.
- Maintain currency with technology sector evolution and develop long-term investment themes.
- Present investment recommendations to the investment committee and portfolio managers.
- Incorporate sustainability / ESG evaluation in company analysis.
- Meet with company management teams as required.
- Assist in marketing through webinars, client marketing, press interviews, etc.
- Contribute to the development of junior analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- CFA Charter Holder.
- Minimum 10-years’ experience in stock analysis/portfolio management with progressively higher levels of responsibility and a demonstrable track record of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Appropriate FINRA registrations (may be acquired during the trial period).
- 40 Act fund management experience.
- International experience an advantage.
- Foreign language skills an advantage.
- This position operates in a professional office environment and in-office attendance will be required with some remote work options.
- Post-pandemic domestic and international travel will likely be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Saturna Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More searches like this
- Brokerage Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Islamic Finance Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors