Sobre a vaga
We are looking for an experienced internal auditor to join our Private Bank's Internal Audit team based in Lisbon.
We offer a dynamic, challenging, international working environment, and provide development and growth opportunities to support you in your career with us.
If you are authorised to work in Portugal we look forward to hearing from you.
Internal Audit undertakes independent and objective assurance assessing the activities of the first and second line to provide an opinion on the adequacy of controls, the effectiveness of risk management processes, the reliability of financial statements and compliance with rules and regulations.
The primary role of IA is to help the Board and Executive Management accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What would be your main responsibilities?
We would expect that with great prioritization skills you switch from task to task and understand what requires immediate attention at any given moment. However day-to-day your main responsibilities would include:
- Working with the Head of Audit, supporting planning of individual audits by drafting appropriate audit scopes, identify controls and control objectives and building adequate and effective testing programs
- Preparing and documenting internal audit work-papers and results/issues
- Working collaboratively with others to deliver the Internal Audit plan
- Supporting the Head of Audit to regularly update the audit universe risk assessment (Inc. help identify emerging risks) to support the annual planning process
- Completing and documenting assigned audit work within budgeted time constraints and to high quality (in line with audit methodology and the IIA Standards)
- Support the team in Identifying and proposing new ways to test the audit universe, with the use of analytics
- Discussing and sharing the audit results with Management
- Peer review of working papers within the European Team.
- Agree and validate the actions taken by Management to resolve and mitigate concerns raised by Internal Audit
- Ongoing assessments of the control environment to ensure that business is effectively risk managed
- Assessing controls to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, internal policy and best practice;
- Development of relationships with business management throughout the audit process; and
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit as required on ad-hoc activities
- Support a positive team environment and contribute to a strong, ethical, independent, resilient, motivated and committed team culture.
What skills / experience do we need from you?
- Internal audit experience within financial services carrying out audits, ideally in Private Bank (or at least wholesale banking experience). Knowledge and experience would typically include audit methodology, risk assessment, work programs, planning, work-papers and tests, sampling, reporting and agreeing issues.
- High proficiency in the use of IA tools and MS Office
- Aptitude for designing and performing analytic audit tests
Other relevant experience
- Desirable but not essential: several years’ experience at accounting firm (e.g. in an external audit or risk advisory role, or similar).
Market and Regulation
- Preferable: knowledge of FINMA and Suisse regulatory environment and Private Banking processes.
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Team player and ability to build strong working relationships
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- An interest in pursuing a career in Internal Audit
- English at fluent level: essential (can lead discussions and negotiations at the highest level and compose reports.).
- Desirable but not essential: German and/or Portuguese fluency
- Degree or equivalent
- Desirable but not essential: CIA, CPA or similar
Only applications through LinkedIn will be considered, please do not send to us by email.
Please note: Due to the high volumes of applications that we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we would like to invite to interview for this position. We cannot provide feedback to applicants who are unsuccessful in gaining an interview.
We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection laws in Europe. As such, before you send your CV, please click on the link below which will take you to our website and click on the relevant privacy notice which explains what personal data we will collect and how we will use it. Please take the time to read and understand all of the information it contains.