Director of Individual Client Management
Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse, passionate team united by our commitment to provide our clients with financial peace of mind and our desire to create one of the best companies in the world. A career with us will be demanding; however, the experience will also be dynamic, supportive, intellectually challenging, and above all—meaningful. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Innovative ideas, diverse opinions and experiences, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
The Director of Individual Client Management is responsible for managing the individual client business segment and leading a team of client facing professionals located in Calgary and Toronto. This position has direct responsibility for revenue, client growth and retention, and people management. The Director must have proven track record in leading a diverse team to achieve key performance targets, grow the private client business, and meet client satisfaction metrics.
- Help drive and evolve the strategic direction of the Individual Client Management business, taking into consideration such factors as industry trends, regulatory environments, client feedback, revenue opportunity and competitive analysis
- Foster a culture aligned to Mawer’s purpose, values, and strategy as well as models Mawer’s values and behaviours in all that they do
- Lead the firm’s Individual Client Service efforts by developing policies and working with team members to consistently apply policies while ensuring a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement
- Regularly connects work to Mawer’s purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through
- Contribute to Mawer’s success by leading and coaching a team of investment professionals towards achieving operational excellence, value-added client advice, and personal development objectives
- Ensure high employee engagement through talent management, development, and career planning
- Work with other departments to maintain knowledge of workflows and administrative processes while communicating client service objectives often acting as a subject matter expert
- Develop, in conjunction with the President and the Board, Objectives and Key Results for the Individual Client Management segment
- Provide reporting to Owners and the Board of Directors on department initiatives and progress towards Objectives and Key Results
- 15+ years’ industry experience in High Net Worth client management
- CFA Charterholder
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role; minimum 5 years
- Currently registered as an Advising Representative (AR) with provincial regulators
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with previous experience in leading a team of professionals
- Strong management background: ability to work both tactically and strategically
- Superior business judgement and ability to think through complex business issues
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global, independent investment manager.
- Learn and work within a high-performing team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy; where every role is valued, and every voice heard. At Mawer, talented team members can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- Our unique culture, which is integral to who we are and (we think) a competitive advantage. Our culture is shaped by our core values (integrity, putting clients’ interests first, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking) and key behaviours (curiosity, candour, accountability, and appreciation), which are much more than words on a page. They guide the way we operate, make decisions, and communicate every day.
- We strive to create a work environment that attracts—and retains—exceptional people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and to provide the tools and support for everyone on our team to reach their highest potential. We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment, comprehensive health benefits, paid parental leave, a career development program, and more.
If this sounds of great interest to you, please apply here: https://www.mawer.com/careers/
Applicants should include their resume and cover letter.
Must be eligible to work in Canada. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent investment firm managing portfolios for a broad range of foundations and not-for-profit organizations, pension plans, strategic alliances, and individual investors for over 45 years. For more information, visit Mawer at www.mawer.com.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.