We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
Our quant business is expanding and as a result we are looking for a small number of exceptional technologists to build solutions for the desk and the underlying quant research and trading platform.
You will work closely with quant portfolio managers converting research ideas intro production trading strategies, building research infrastructure (market data, backtest, compute) and trading platform (position, risk, controls, strategy frameworks, deployment, visualization, observability). Your code will trade billions of dollars and as a result we value the ability to move quickly, with attention to detail and engineering fundamentals to build clean code that is tested, trusted and can be leveraged by other engineers and Quant PMs. Position Requirements:
- MS in financial engineering degree
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: you can write well designed, clean code with excellent test quality
- Experience writing mission critical production code with a strong attention to detail
- Market knowledge of FX, Futures or Options trading is not required but beneficial
- Experience with implementing systematic trading strategies or building trading platforms (systematic, HFT or execution) not required but beneficial
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office