EDS Senior Performance Specialist
About the Role:
Performance measurement and analysis are an integral part of our data management and governance at Thornburg. The Enterprise Data team is responsible for managing the acquisition, quality control, and provisioning of enterprise data, throughout the EDS centralized data management platform; leveraging authoritative sources; and delivering data in a manner fit for the purpose of all Thornburg businesses.
The Sr. Performance Specialist is a key member of the enterprise data team. This position is responsible for ensuring both composite and fund performance results are calculated, constructed, and presented according to the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), including the management of the firm’s annual GIPS verification for composite controls and processes.
- Manage and coordinate all firm-wide aspects of composite construction, maintenance, and performance calculations for all the firm’s investment strategies.
- Responsible for the firm’s third-party provider of fund performance (and all related performance calculations, NAV data, expense ratios, account/fund/index setup, reporting, etc.)
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, investment operations, IT, Marketing, and EDS to successfully steward the data requirements, quality, and integrity of our performance platforms.
- Be the firm’s point of contact for data stewardship issues (raw content) to our internal businesses and our third-party performance software packages.
- Product owner for composite management system.
- Provide critical support to other departments including portfolio management, client services, marketing, and compliance in answering performance, composite, and GIPS-related questions.
- Accountable for the firm’s annual GIPS verification efforts, including the coordination and gathering of supporting data requested by firm’s independent verifier.
- Prepare GIPS Composite Reports & Pooled Fund Reports for current and potential investors.
- Strong understanding and orientation toward customer service and product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or similar
- Minimum 5 -7 plus years direct related experience
- Knowledge of the GIPS Standards and GIPS Reports
- Understanding of institutional and retail product lines
- Must be proficient in Excel and additional Microsoft Office products
- CIPM, CFA, or CPA preferred
- CAPS experience preferred
- Confluence Technologies experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Schedule: This position is located in Santa Fe, NM with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule, working onsite 2-3 days per week.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer 401(k) safe harbor and profit-sharing contributions
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, student loan repayment program, education reimbursement program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Onsite cafeteria
- Onsite fitness center
COVID Vaccine: The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Thornburg employees unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires.
Thornburg is a global investment firm that delivers on strategy for institutions, financial professionals, and investors worldwide. Founded in 1982, the privately held firm is an active, high-conviction manager of fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, and sustainable investments with US $44 billion in assets (as of March 31, 2022) across mutual funds, institutional accounts, separate accounts and UCITS. Thornburg is headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with additional offices in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610, and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque high-desert landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm's broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.