Global Research Analyst (Water)
This position’s responsibility is to participate as a research analyst on the Water strategy team. The analyst will take ownership of a primary coverage list and actively contribute to the overall investment process. The role is also expected to work closely with the Water strategy portfolio managers and the rest of the Infrastructure team to consistently generate risk-adjusted, excess-return ideas supported by thorough, bottom-up research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently conducts relevant sector and individual security analysis all along the Water value chain, including solutions for water supply, water quality, and water efficiency. Generates written research reports and valuation models for assigned companies. Provides integrated ESG analysis alongside fundamental research that aligns with UN Sustainability goals. Challenges consensus assumptions with own research findings. Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations.
- Actively communicates with Water portfolio managers and other members of Infrastructure team.
- Maintains relationships and proactively communicates with senior management of covered companies and industry contacts.
- Understands relevant sectors to integrate sector and macro views as appropriate for superior results.
- Helps support the generation of marketing and board materials. Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreements in ambiguous or difficult situations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses & skills required)
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of investment experience.
- Previous work experience in Water required (water utilities, industrial products, life sciences or natural resources).
- Advanced degree (MBA and/or CFA designation) preferred. Foreign language proficiency/fluency, cultural knowledge and travel experience preferred. Proven ability to have delivered consistently strong performance and judgment in the field. Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, travel globally, attend conferences, and meet with company management. Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work). Ability to operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors