Portfolio Manager & Sr. Research Analyst (Water)
This position will participate as an active contributing member on the water strategy team, in both a portfolio management and senior analyst role. As a portfolio manager, this role will have significant input regarding the implementation of the overall investment strategy for the Water portfolio. As a senior analyst, the position must take ownership of a primary research coverage list and actively contribute to the overall investment process, including communicating closely with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and rest of the Infrastructure team, and consistently generating risk-adjusted, excess-return ideas supported by thorough bottom-up research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently conducts relevant sector and individual security analysis all along the Water value chain, including solutions for water supply, water quality, and water efficiency.
- Provides integrated ESG analysis alongside fundamental research that aligns with UN Sustainability goals.
- Works closely with the CIO in the management of a designated portfolio, including portfolio construction and investment returns, and coverage focus and vetting processes essential to security positioning and country/sector allocation.
- Generates write-ups and valuation models for assigned companies.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations on all portfolio holdings which are typically in a range of 30-40 names.
- Actively communicates with the CIO and other members of Infrastructure team.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly client reports as a comparative analysis of the performance of the firms’ water product relative to its benchmarks.
- Meets with the Board, Virtus sales, consultants and prospects to review portfolios, performance and strategies, as needed to support new sales and client retention.
- Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreements in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Performs other duties as required by the CIO or other senior management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses & skills required)
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years of investment experience.
- Advanced degree (MBA and/or CFA designation) preferred.
- Background in water required (water utilities, industrial products, life sciences or natural resources)
- Portfolio management and supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to have delivered consistently strong performance and judgment in the field.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to comprehend strategic direction from senior leadership and provide feedback and input to enhance strategic direction.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, travel globally, attend conferences, and meet with company management.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work).
- Ability to operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors