Director, Corporate Finance
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. With high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness, we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Director, Corporate Finance in the Finance Department. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and CFO. The successful candidate will oversee the Airport Authority’s financial frame and long-term model, lead the planning an execution of corporate structuring and financing strategies, and maintain important strategic relationships within the Airport Authority and with external parties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Airport Authority’s long-term financial sustainability as a key strategic objective. This will include building out the Airport Authority’s financial frame and maintaining the long-term financial model used to project borrowing requirements. This includes a thorough understanding of all inputs, their risks and assumptions and scenarios.
- Lead the planning and execution of corporate entity structure and related financing requirements to enable the Airport Authority’s strategy, considering legal, accounting, tax and other operational implications.
- Oversee financial analysis of significant investments of strategic importance to the Airport Authority, analyzing, identifying and mitigating risks, presenting conclusions in concise, structured reports and presentations.
- Lead financings, when required, for the Airport Authority and its subsidiaries, including preparing or reviewing all required documentation and coordinating with all parties necessary. Provide leadership on requirements to obtain sustainability-linked financing and lead internal stakeholders to meet those requirements.
- Oversee the overall financial requirements of the capital program.
- Design and implement the aeronautical rates and charges structure and related cost recovery methodology for the Airport Authority.
- Maintain strong relationships with the credit rating agencies and leading all credit rating reviews, whether annually or ad hoc.
- Responsible for the Payments Lieu of Taxes (PILT) file, including working with external consultants and the assessment authority on valuation of our properties and with municipalities.
- Responsible for treasury oversight including borrowing and investing strategies.
- Foster strong external relationships with relevant debt capital market and banking representatives, debenture holders, airlines and the airline consultative committee and pertinent property tax agencies.
- Provide leadership to the team, which includes two direct reports, Manager, Corporate Finance and Manager, Project Controls and four indirect reports. This includes providing support and direction by: creating clarity and alignment, developing and coaching team members, helping the team embrace change and building resiliency, monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline.
Key qualifications include:
- Strong business acumen and ability to provide solid advice related to business and financial models, financing strategies and creation of long-term value.
- At least 10 years of experience in leadership in the areas of corporate finance, treasury and corporate structuring.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, Chartered Financial Analyst designation or Master of Business Administration.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to think through strategic issues and problem solve with limited direction.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills with direct professional people management experience.
- Relationship building skills with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience writing and presenting to Executive and Board of Directors level.
- Ability to manage numerous demanding tasks/projects under tight timelines.
- Excellent financial modelling, critical thinking and analytical skills applied in developing well-founded conclusions.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Reference no.: 22-64
To apply: Visit https://careers.yvr.ca/en