Equity Portfolio Manager-Select Equities
The Group: The Investment Management group is guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. We use our expertise in asset allocation, research, investment selection and portfolio construction to create world-class investment strategies leveraging the full resources of Morningstar, Inc. Through our investment offerings, we serve financial advisers and institutions, and the investors that they serve.
The Role: The Select Equities team is looking to add an experienced investment professional to join the team as a Portfolio Manager for a growth strategy. The Select Equities Team constructs high-conviction portfolios, with most of our separately managed accounts holding 20-50 stocks. The role will be based in Morningstar's Chicago office.
- Serve as portfolio manager for a growth-focused equity strategy that follows a disciplined approach to company valuation and portfolio risk management.
- Contribute to the team’s overall company research and portfolio management efforts.
- Participate in the team’s peer review process, which includes providing feedback to portfolio managers on other strategies about prospective trades and portfolio positioning.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives, including serving as an advocate for Morningstar Investment Management’s investment principles internally and externally.
- Communicate with clients. Responsibilities include quarterly commentaries, ad-hoc commentaries, webinars, meetings with financial advisors, etc.
- Alignment with Morningstar’s philosophy and approach to investing in equities.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and genuine interest in learning new subjects, industries, and companies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with a focus on company analysis and valuation.
- Minimum of 10 years of equity research experience, with a strong preference for relevant experience as a portfolio manager and/or buy-side equity analyst.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in finance, accounting, or economics.
- Ideal candidate would have relevant experience analyzing growth companies.
- CFA designation strongly preferred.
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar’s vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity
If you received and accept an offer from us, we require that personal and any related investments be disclosed confidentially to our Compliance team (days vary by region). These investments will be reviewed to ensure they meet Code of Ethics requirements. If any conflicts of interest are identified, then you will be required to liquidate those holdings immediately. In addition, dependent on your department and location of work certain employee accounts must be held with an approved broker (for example all, U.S. employee accounts). If this applies and your account(s) are not with an approved broker, you will be required to move your holdings to an approved broker.