The Corporate Salesperson is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities:
- Sell separate account services or finance products directly to corporate clients
- Responsible for servicing clients in the buying and selling of securities, derivatives, FX and commodities
- Develop a coordinated (local, regional and/or global) strategy across specified product lines
- Achieve ambitious goals in both market and wallet share from the identified client franchise
- Originate and execute meaningful and landmark transactions
- Lead business product to achieve the strategic growth and market share we are aiming for
- Partner closely with other key businesses and functions to ensure proper product deployment based on understanding of client
- Take a lead role in fostering an environment of collaboration through interfacing with appropriate internal partners to enhance share of mind with clients, increase dialogue and to deliver on expertise
- Understand and analyze clients' businesses and exposures to provide best suited sales solutions in full coordination with all relevant business partners
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Previous experience in client-facing roles with proven track record on growing and maintaining relationships through value added service and commercial skills
- An entrepreneurial approach for business origination and developing new relationships
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Institutional Sales Job Family:
Corporate Sales Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting