Dream Internship for CFA Candidates: Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Impact Investing
Dream Internship for CFA Candidates: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Impact Investing and Big Data
Paid Internship (remote for 3-6 months)
Part-time with Full-time offers made to qualified candidates after the internship is complete
Watch the video on this position (Careers in Finance & Fintech | Young Women Apply Now | Girl Power Investments) by Sameer Somal
Successful Applicants will collaborate directly and receive mentorship from:
Sameer Somal, CFA (https://sameersomal.com)
- Co-Founder & Board Member of India based Girl Power Talk (https://girlpowertalk.com)
- CEO of USA based Blue Ocean Global Technology (https://www.blueoceanglobaltech.com)
New Position Openings:
Year 1 Location:
Work From Home
Rolling evaluation of candidates
Official Start Date: To Be Determined
1. Complete the official Girl Power Talk application at: https://girlpowertalk.com/apply-now/.
Note: Please reference “Girl Power Investments CFA Applicant” in question 2 asking you what position you are applying for.
2. Email your resume/CV and a cover letter articulating why you are a strong fit to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Do not send your resume without completing the formal application as it will not be considered.
General Candidate Requirements:
- All applicants must be CFA Candidates or have a strong interest in becoming one immediately.
- Commitment to becoming a CFA Charterholder (https://www.cfainstitute.org)
- No experience is required.
- Candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Independent thinker with strong leadership and entrepreneurial potential.
- Interest in executive fast-track and assuming responsibility at Girl Power Talk, Blue Ocean Global Technology and other key client relationships.
- Strict adherence to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/ethics-standards/ethics/code-of-ethics-standards-of-conduct-guidance)
- The successful candidate must be open to future domestic and international travel.
- Training/mentoring analysts through on-the-job guidance as well as structured training sessions.
- A high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic.
- An ability to fit in an entrepreneurial and highly demanding start-up work environment.
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of leaders and key team members across global departments.
- High proficiency in written and oral English communication.
- Strong interpersonal (soft) skills and desire to improve.
- Highly detail-oriented self-starter with an acute appreciation for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work both with little supervision and closely with other valued team members.
- Rigorous expectations and consistent accountability at the individual and team level.
- Approachable attitude, willingness to have fun and desire to build the best work environment possible.
Two article references our culture and philosophy:
- How to Create a Happy and Productive Work Culture (Business.com)
- Girl Power Talk: A Startup that Empowers Young Women to Grow and Achieve Their Full Potential (Timesnext)
Two video references on our culture:
- First Round: screening of applicants
- Second Round: an interview with Sameer Somal, CFA.
- Third Round: panel interview with executives and board members of Blue Ocean Global Technology and Girl Power Talk.
Reflective of market rates after assessment of candidates.
We seek young leaders with a strong interest in finance and technology to form the Girl Power Investments group. This group will have an emphasis on CFA Charterholders and CFA Candidates. Our inclusive environment respects the diversity of our talent and values the unique perspective of each member of our Girl Power Talk community. Our culture rewards intelligence, growth, and performance.
We are innovative in providing today’s talented young professionals with opportunities to become tomorrow’s finance & investment industry leaders. We are seeking candidates with the highest degree of integrity, a strong entrepreneurial work ethic, and the desire to learn and immediately contribute as a key member of a diverse performance-oriented team. Members of the Girl Power Investments group will have the opportunity to develop skills across departments and gain substantial exposure to finance, technology, big data, consulting and NGO initiatives. Successful candidates will be afforded the opportunity to grow their professional skills, experience and network under the guidance of Sameer Somal, CFA and other key leaders in our community.
Note: New team member responsibilities are progressively increased and awarded on merit.
- Strong interest in applying knowledge and experience in at least some of the following: computer science, entrepreneurship, investments, personal development and leadership.
- Research and support Sameer across his global mandate of responsibility.
- Directly support executive team’s global prospecting and client engagements.
- Creating materials to communicate strategic priorities and conclusions to both clients & senior management.
- Successful candidates may be afforded opportunities to support Sameer in the evaluation and interview of future talented candidates.
Finance & Strategic Planning
- Extensive analysis of prospective clients.
- Present findings and insights gleaned for review by senior executives, consultants, clients and board members.
- Play a key role in leading company-wide strategic projects and contribute to our ever-evolving 3-year strategic and financial plan.
- Translation of long-term targets into tangible financial and operational objectives
- Prioritization of scarce resources in light of strategic initiatives
- Diverse research, reporting and consulting support of priority USA-based financial services and investment clients.
- Special assignments related to joint venture partnerships, acquisition targets, and confidential Girl Power Talk expansion initiatives.
- Identification of key medium and long-term strategic initiatives to improve the company's operational performance, competitive positioning and growth trajectory.
- Collaborate with Blue Ocean Global Technology’s Digital Reputation, AI and Big Data team.
- Strong interest in learning about digital reputation.
Appendix on Sameer Somal, CFA
Sameer Somal is the CEO & Co-Founder of Blue Ocean Global Technology. He is a frequent speaker at conferences on digital transformation, online reputation management, search engine optimization, relationship capital and ethics. Fundamental to his work at Blue Ocean Global Technology, Sameer leads collaboration with an exclusive group of PR, Law, Digital Marketing, and Web-Development agency partners. He helps clients build, monitor and repair their digital presence. Sameer is a published writer and Internet Defamation subject matter expert witness. In collaboration with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, he authors continuing legal education (CLE) programs and is a member of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) 2030 Task Force. Sameer proudly serves on the board of the CFA Institute Seminar for Global Investors, College Possible and Girl Power Talk. Sameer was named an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum and is an active member of the Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF). Sameer was named an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum and is a 2020 Business Elite “40 under 40” recipient.
Sample articles published with CFA Institute’s Enterprising Investor:
- Why People Drive Artificial Intelligence Today and Tomorrow
- Networking in the Age of Social Distancing: Seven Timeless Strategies
- Seven Reasons India Is Primed for Growth
- Digital Reputation Management 101
- The Intangibles of Having Your Own Firm
- Five Reasons to Start Your Own Firm and Four Steps to Take to Do It
Recent CFA Institute Society speaking engagements include VBA Netherlands, Virginia, Orange County, Calgary, Louisville, Nebraska, Americas SLC (San Jose, CA), Cayman Islands, South Florida, Naples, Edmonton, Vietnam, Mexico City, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Pittsburgh, Vermont, Bangladesh, Tennessee and India. A blog article from the CFA Society of Chicago following Sameer’s networking program delivery in 2019.
Sample videos published related to CFA Institute
- CFAInstitute: Why We Volunteer | Sameer Somal
- CFA Program Success – 10 Timeless Tips For the CFA Charterholder Exams | Sameer Somal, CFA.
- How to Pass the CFA Level 1 | Exam Tips from Sameer Somal
- CFA Exams | Why We Love CFA Institute
One opportunity can change the course of your life. For successful candidates, this will that opportunity.
More searches like this
- C-Suite Level Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors