Reporting to the Head of External Reporting, this role is responsible for delivering all external reporting including financial, regulatory and tax. The role will require regular communication with the Head of Finance, the CFO, the major shareholder, debt providers, auditors and taxadvisors.
The role will also be involved with the Accounting integration of future acquisitions. The role offers an excellent opportunity for a strong technical accountant to develop their skills in a growing business with exposure to senior stakeholders and varied responsibilities. Responsibilities
- Technical review of Annual Financial Statements for 8 corporate entities
- Consolidation of financial statements
- Financial Regulatory Reporting including preparation of FCA regulatory returns and regulatory capital guidance
- Capital planning
- Production of the ICARA
- Delivery of monthly shareholder reporting
- Delivery of monthly reporting to major debt provider
- Involvement in financial DD process and then integration of future acquisitions
- Corporation tax returns including research & development
- Partnership tax returns
- Assist with audit process for corporate audits
- Approval of bank payments
- Assistance in other areas of Finance as required
About The Candidate Skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Strong technical expertise
- Strong communication ability with internal and external parties
- Good time management and prioritisation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Consolidation experience essential
- Strong IFRS and accounts preparation knowledge
- Tax knowledge would be as asset, including both LLP and Corporate
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory reporting include ICARA preparation
- Qualified accountant with between 2 - 5 years of post-qualification experience, ACA preferred.
About The Company
The '7' in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn't find a firm they trusted to manage their families' money properly - big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they'd like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We've evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders' plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service - that's what sets us apart from everyone else.