Investment Analyst (Quantitative) – Investment Management Department
Mackenzie Investments is one of Canada’s largest active investment management firms, with $166 billion assets under management, 17 distinct investment teams, and offices in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia. Mackenzie employs a multi-boutique structure across the organization which facilitates substantial independence for individual investment teams, while providing the stability and security that accompanies a large and established corporation.
Mackenzie Investments is looking for an Investment Analyst (Quantitative) for its Global Quantitative Equity boutique based in Boston, MA. This team utilizes a bottom-up, fundamental quantitative approach and efficient trade execution in seeking to generate alpha. Consisting of a blend of seasoned industry professionals with lengthy track records and tech-savvy recent graduates, the team implements traditional and alternative strategies in global and emerging markets.
The Investment Analyst candidate will be responsible for conducting quantitative research, advancing portfolio management analytics and performing portfolio management activities. As a member of this investment team, you will contribute to the quantitative analysis of institutional portfolios and build and enhance alpha modeling, portfolio management and monitoring systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about investments, driven, innovative and creative, a strong team player, humble, and possesses strong decision-making skills and the highest standard of honesty and integrity. She/he is engaged and motivated by achieving excellence as part of a dynamic team, one which continuously strives to be the best in the field.
- In conjunction with Portfolio Managers and Analysts on the team, assist in development of stock selection models for Emerging Markets, Global, International and US portfolios
- Research and improve portfolio construction and optimization techniques
- Create quantitative tools and infrastructure used to construct portfolios, conduct empirical research, and monitor portfolios
- Support day-to-day portfolio management activities
- Create presentation materials for Portfolio Managers
- Present analysis and investment ideas to Portfolio Managers
- Monitor research and events in the quantitative investment field with the goal of gaining investment and process insights that can enhance portfolio returns and risk
- Understand global macroeconomics and global financial markets with the goal of generating insights to improve risk adjusted returns of portfolios
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative discipline (Master’s degree welcome)
- 2 years plus of quantitative equity experience
- CFA designation completed or in progress
- Advanced knowledge of programming (Python), database knowledge (SQL) • Knowledge of Bloomberg, Factset, Axioma
- A “can do” attitude as part of an entrepreneurial group within an established firm • Attention to detail and flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Mackenzie is dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to MICBoston@mackenzieinvestments.com by July 15, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across the United States and Canada, including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.