About this role
Wells Fargo is seeking a business manager (Technology COO or Chief of Staff equivalent with demonstrable experience) within International Technology to support broad range of technology management and administration functions.
The primary function of this role is to work closely with Head of International Technology to provide business management (operating as the technology COO) coverage in areas such as human capital, financials, management reporting, metrics, data, inventory, internal communications, governance, and transformation program support across a broad range of areas, as described below. In this role, you will:
- Day to day management and administrative responsibilities of a business office within the technology organisation.
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives in Technology Business Services functional area
- Deliver high quality reporting to senior management and governance committees in support of decision making, including resourcing, talent management, delivery prioritization, trend analysis, employee communications and townhalls.
- Create and distribute technology communications, newsletters and formal business updates representing the technology leadership.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development within Technology Business Services by utilizing research and data in addition to in depth understanding of organizational goals, priorities, and technology while also developing executable strategies and plans
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions of Technology Business Services team to meet moderate to high risk deliverables
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures for technology business service functions with moderate complexity within scope of responsibility
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals including technology industry leaders, financial industry leaders, analysts, and regulators, as well as interact directly with more experienced leadership and executive management
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development within Technology Business Services to meet business objectives and strategy
- Manage and develop teams of individual contributors. Partner closely with International Technology Business Services team members based in APAC, EMEA and Canada and Latin America.
- Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners, and peers associated with the functional area or who are affected by its outcomes
- Define, Structure and where appropriate lead regional and strategic initiatives and related projects that supports the evolution and growth of the International Business and Technology Strategy. These initiative projects include involvement in Agile Transformation, Cost Efficiency and Improvement Programs, Innovation and fintech opportunities, Key Performance Metrics and building out the People Agenda.
- Work across different technology teams to ensure key business updates and risks are captured timely and discussed with relevant stakeholders and operating committees.
- Assist with communication of key International Technology accomplishments, KPIs and risks/issues including data and metrics analytics and management to International Technology leadership and business partners and stakeholders.
- Interact with key partners across Technology, Finance, Front Office Business, Portfolio Governance, HR, vendor management and IT Procurement.
- Identify cost efficiency and process improvement opportunities and help drive solutions to implementation.
- Support of workforce and location strategies, including hiring tracking, organizational moves, and return to the office occupancy planning.
- Engage with the regional technology team, more experienced leaders, and regional business stakeholders to provide support and drive strategic initiatives for the business and for execution of operational processes.
- Drive automation of processes and develop clear and simple process maps and workflows within the International Business Services and various technology teams.
- This position will have matrix reporting alignment into the International COO (UK) and/or Wholesale Banking Technology COO in the US and expected to become a member of the APAC management committee etc.
Successful candidates should have at least 10+ years' experience in Business Support and Business Management and/or strategy roles, preferably within Technology or Financial Services organization. Prior experience operating as a Technology COO or Chief of Staff would be an advantage.
We are a lean and agile team and looking for people who thrive in this fast moving and to a degree ambiguous working environment. In addition to proven work experience, the successful candidates should possess the following attributes:
We Value Diversity
- Strong analytical skills with experience in collating, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to cultivate positive working relationships and business outcomes with global stakeholders and team members.
- Highly articulate and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen, numerate and able to understand financial operational impacts.
- Previous team management experience would be an advantage. Experience of working in a highly matrixed managed and cross-regional environment would also be beneficial.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues, and having tenacity to drive solutions through to a conclusion with good judgement.
- Strong level of proficiency in MS-Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to receive and act upon feedback.
- Experience in product based setup, experience of running agility office/change programs, and good working knowledge of software engineering and tech stack including Cloud, AI/ML, Blockchain. Past experience working for Fintechs or Startups would be an advantage.
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures.
- Strong ability to work in a cross-region matrix environment, collaborative with culturally diverse teams. withing technology and across business and control stakeholders.
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization.
- Previous Agile team, Kanban Lead or Scrum Master experience would be advantageous
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.