WHO WE ARE
Quanteam Group is a Consulting firm specialised in the Capital Markets industry, in Paris, London, Brussels, New York and North Africa.
Since 2007, our 800 consultants provide major clients (Corporate & Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Brokers and Insurance Companies) with expertise in several projects such as Financial Engineering, Quantitative Research, Regulatory Implementation, IT Transformation & Innovation.
The firm mainly takes part in:
- Business consulting: Quantitative research, Risk management (e.g. Market risk, credit risk, counterparty risk), Banking regulations (e.g. Basel III, Solvency II, FATCA, EMIR, MiFID), Pricing & Valuation, Organisational Transformation & Process Improvement.
- IT & Information systems consulting: Business Analysis, Project Management, Change management, Front Office Support (functional and technical), Development (e.g C++, Python, C#, Java, VBA), Financial Softwares (e.g. Sophis, Murex, Summit, Calypso), IT Transformation & Innovation.
As part of Quanteam Group, Quanteam UK (incorporated in 2010) has today more than 80 consultants, working for major Capital Markets players in London.The Role:
The role is for an IT developer within the collateral management IT department to contribute to projects which are a combination of technical enhancements and functional changes. The successful candidate will be working with a highly motivated professional team who take pride in the quality of their output and this will be expected to be continued. He/She will be involved in all aspects of development from reviewing initial functional specifications through to technical specification, coding, unit testing, UAT support, regression testing and deployment. For this role the candidate is required to have, good SQL and very strong Java skills.Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for implementing both new initiatives and enhancements to existing functionality to meet business needs, regulatory needs and for overall platform maintenance/resolution of technical debt. Delivering high quality technical solutions according to technical design and functional requirements. Significant contributor to technical designs. Developing the platform whilst ensuring integrity of existing production processes.
Will participate in all development stages from detailed design, development, unit testing and delivery. Progressing topics either autonomously or as part of the extended team with offshore developers, assisting more junior team members where required.
Provide production support of delivered software as and when required, going the extra mile for major production incidents, participating in out of hours/intraday support rotas as required.
Engagement with BA/PMs to provide input into analysis tasks.
Reporting and escalation to PM and Tech leads ensuring visibility of progress, risks and issues.Skills & Experience Required:Essential:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have delivered value on projects
within the investment banking sector. Strong development skills are an absolute
prerequisite for this role.
- Experienced at developing technical solutions.
- Experience of developing both new systems and modification of existing systems.
- Ability to translate functional specifications into appropriate technical solutions.
- Contribute to high level technical designs
- Resolving technical debt whist maintaining system integrity
- Understanding of the collateral processes (margin calls, interest)
- Interfacing to external systems using a variety of technologies
- Work within a hybrid Agile environment
- Worked with a large long established system covering broad functionality/technology.
Technical Skills Essential:
- Developments of technology platforms
- Devops practices
- High standard of documentation, including writing clear and concise design documentation
- Ability to write comprehensive unit tests
- Good knowledge of Java, Spring, SQL, messaging, Camel and Hibernate
- Web applications development
Essential Personality Skills
- API Design
- Adaptable for new technology standards as defined within the domain
- Working knowledge of IT security issues within the context of a large web application
- Able to communicate designs, constraints, progress and issues clearly and effectively across both functional and technical teams both offshore and onshore
- Organised and structured.
- Professional approach and conduct.
- Rigorous approach, someone who takes a personal pride in their work.
- Possesses common sense and a logical thinker.
- Team Player - Work as part of a team and contribute to the overall success of the team
- Ability to work independently and to provide guidance to offshore resources
- Ability to see the 'bigger picture'
- Ability to navigate complex resource and systems environments
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing risks
- Consider the implications of actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalating issues to management when unsure.