Investment Risk Analyst, Columbia Threadneedle
Investment Risk Analyst, Columbia Threadneedle
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management division of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking an Investment Risk Analyst to be based in Minneapolis, MN or Boston, MA. This role assists senior risk managers to measure, monitor, analyze, and manage investment risk across Columbia Threadneedle's collection of funds. This role will provide you the opportunity to develop and improve your technical skills and the chance to be immersed in the investment organization's culture. Are you ready for your next challenge?
We embrace diversity and equip you to reach your potential! We provide employees with competitive compensation and rewards. Our comprehensive benefits support your health and help you balance your career and personal life.
About Columbia Threadneedle
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Engage with senior risk managers and the investment teams to understand their investment processes and the underlying investment risks.
- Review risk reports, communicate findings and raise observations to senior risk managers and business leaders, as needed; research some targeted risk issues as advised.
- Research and investigate of ad-hoc risk issues as necessary, interacting with the investment team as needed.
- Assist senior team members to analyze portfolio holdings and risk measures in order to measure, monitor, and manage investment risk; assist in the communication of risk analysis to fund managers.
- Run processes for gathering fund risk data and generating risk reports for portfolios
- Maintain and improve risk data reporting solutions and creation of visualizations/reports to help run the investment risk process.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the data in the system, work with Technology and Operations to resolve system and portfolio data issues as necessary.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant area of study
- Programming/coding experience with Excel VBA, SQL Server/Access databases
- Knowledge of financial market instruments including options and derivatives
- Professional and/or educational experience in risk management, investments, and/or finance
- Excellent analytical capabilities and ability to understand quantitative models
- Good general understanding of investment management and financial risk management
- Capable of taking initiative on broader IRM goals to improve departmental capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to handle several tasks, prioritize effectively, meet goals and deliver high quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain good relationship with business partners
- While not a requirement, possessing an advanced degree in a quantitative field (economics, mathematics, physical sciences, finance, or statistics) is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Master of Financial Mathematics.
- Achievement of, or progress towards professional designations such as CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), FRM (Financial Risk Manager), or PRM (Professional Risk Manager) are relevant though not required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years of experience preferably in risk management, investment management, or capital markets.
- Experience and familiarity with Blackrock Aladdin or other risk systems and Tableau is relevant but not required.
- Statistical/mathematical programming language such as Python, R, or Matlab is preferred, but not required.