The growing Manvest team is looking to add a dynamic and motivated Analyst with core values of integrity, commitment and accountability.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking a proactive individual who embraces and welcomes new challenges. The incumbent must be adaptable, organized, energetic and enjoy working in a team environment. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with the ability to research various investment fields and develop financial models for each investment opportunity. Candidates must have a propensity for learning new concepts quickly utilizing available resources including the skills and expertise of the other team members. Candidates must have outstanding communication and people skills, the ability to conduct research independently, a university degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or related field with a minimum 5 years’ experience in private equity, financial advisory or investment banking. A Chartered Business Valuator designation is an asset. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
With over 120 years of operations in Canada, Mancal has diligently evolved from roots in the heavy construction industry to nation-building infrastructure projects and currently has operations in energy, coal, real estate, diversified portfolio management as well as private company investments through its operating company, Manvest Inc. Mancal’s history in private company investments traces back to the formation of Manvest. Although the investment thesis has continued to evolve with time, Mancal’s entrepreneurial spirit continues to thrive through strategic private equity and venture capital opportunities that foster innovation, growth, diversification and value to our stakeholders.
The position of Investment Analyst will be an integral member of the Manvest team providing insightful and detailed analysis of new investment opportunities and assistance in portfolio management. The successful candidate will share the strong values, beliefs and principles of the team and possess the appropriate qualifications and skill set to perform the necessary functions required on a day-to-day basis. The ability to work collaboratively with other team members providing deep and thorough analysis combined with creative, “out of the box” thinking will be important success factors for this position. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Research industries and multiple sector verticals to analyze and seek out business opportunities;
- Conduct financial economic evaluation activities essential to the assessment of investment and business acquisition opportunities as well as the evaluation and monitoring of current portfolio companies;
- Develop and maintain financial models to evaluate project economics and perform scenario analysis;
- Work with other members of the Manvest team to communicate ideas and seek input on research areas;
- Contribute to the Manvest team by providing analysis of new investments and portfolio monitoring;
- Assist in the preparation of internal investment memos, portfolio memos and other documentation as part of the investment and portfolio monitoring process; and,
- Other duties as assigned by senior members of the team.