Role – Associate Advisor
The Clarius Group is a Seattle-based multi-family office dedicated to providing exceptional and comprehensive wealth management and family office services to individuals and families. Clarius was launched over 20 years ago as a family office in support of one of Seattle’s most prominent venture capitalists and our firm and its culture today embody this ethos. We value innovation, transparency, striving to build the best service we can for our clients, and take great pride in continually learning from each other. Clarius exists for one purpose – to serve our clients. As a fiduciary, we shoulder the responsibility of our clients' broad financial needs with the goal of returning time and peace of mind – so our clients can pursue their true passions.
Our culture is paramount, and our challenge is to build a team of like-minded professionals who are collectively driven to serve clients and who will enjoy the journey working together in that pursuit.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about the work they do and about helping our clients meet their financial goals. This role is a key contributor to the client relationship and is focused on supporting the Lead Advisor in managing client relationships and building meaningful relationships across the firm, with clients, and with third parties. The Associate Advisor will take the lead on preparations for client meetings and own internal communications, projects, and task management across the client team as well as external communications with 3rd parties.
To be successful in this role, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats, being the consummate team player, and leading by example; you are organized and have a plan for each day, but have the flexibility and skillset to communicate, adjust, and pivot; you are curious and dive into new concepts and projects with enthusiasm (so that your clients don’t have to!), and above all else, you have unwavering integrity and passion for helping clients reach their goals.
The Associate Advisor role is a full-time exempt position.
- Support and work alongside Lead Advisor to provide best-in-class wealth management services to clients
- Drive client-related tasks to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- Own the responsibility of internal team communications and facilitate review of and completion of tasks with the client team
- Prepare for client meetings including review of investment reports, review of holdings summary and investment recommendations, drafting the agenda and preparing additional reports and materials as needed
- Lead weekly calls with client team to review outstanding projects and tasks
- Create and maintain financial plans in eMoney
- Help execute client charitable giving strategies
- Coordinate with external partners, including CPAs, attorneys, bankers, etc.
- Oversee investment plans and portfolio implementation alongside Investment Analysts
- Maintain client Investment Policy Statements as needed and update annually
- Review estate planning documents and ensure proper tracking within internal systems
- Assist client team with tracking and facilitation of tax matters
- Coordinate the onboarding of new clients in partnership with the Client Manager
- Execute and/or assist with special client projects
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with proven proficiency in Excel
- 4-7 years of relatable investment experience
- CFA, CAIA, CFP, or CPA (or progress toward)
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in business, economics or accounting preferred
- Familiarity with financial markets and asset classifications
- Integrity – Exhibit unfailing personal integrity
- Responsibility – Take ownership for delivering an outstanding client experience
- Communication – Present complex concepts and ideas in a professional, persuasive, and easily comprehensible manner (in both written and verbal form)
- Organization – Effectively set priorities among a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment and with an occasionally heavy work volume
- Team Orientation – Work collectively to achieve client and organizational objectives
- Confidence – Have conviction in making detailed recommendations
- Problem-Solving – Resolve complex problems in a thorough, creative and timely manner
- Growth – Embrace a mindset of continuous learning
- A collaborative, engaging work environment
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Discretionary bonus at the firm level
- 401(k) match Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Reimbursement opportunities for continuing education
The Clarius Group supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment. We are also an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.