Equity Research Analyst
Who We Are
Rock Point Advisors, LLC, (“RPA”) based in Burlington, VT, is focused on helping clients make sound financial decisions and take advantage of the benefits of long-term investing.
Since our founding in 2004, our investment management and financial planning efforts have been guided by our fiduciary duty to our clients and our belief that doing what’s right matters. We work hard pursuing superior risk adjusted returns and delivering practical advice to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze both prospective investments and existing portfolio holdings with the goal of making buy/sell recommendations to RPA’s Investment Committee
- Assume primary coverage responsibility for several industry sectors and become the in-house point person on issues and developments relevant to these sectors
- Work collaboratively with other investment team members with a near term goal of joining RPA’s Investment Committee
- Build and maintain earnings and discounted cash flow valuation models on assigned securities
- Simplify complex concepts and clearly communicate investment recommendations to RPA’s Investment Committee
- Assist in the refinement and execution of the firm’s investment processes
- This position is located in RPA’s Burlington, VT office alongside the rest of the RPA team
- At least 2 years of relevant investment experience is preferred
- CFA designation preferred
- Self-direction, ability to work independently, and intellectual curiosity are paramount
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and position
- Benefits include paid vacation, dental and health care insurance, 401(k) matching
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please No Phone Calls
Rock Point Advisors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer