Senior Financial Writer
Do you have a passion for storytelling and educating? Are you knowledgeable about financial markets and economics, with the skill to talk about them in simple, clear terms? Do you thrive in a culture of trust, teamwork, and accountability?
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is looking for an experienced investment writer who has the talent, judgment, and motivation to be a strong contributor and leader within the marketing team.
The Senior Investment Writer will report to the Head of Thought Leadership & Investment Communications. The individual will work closely with client portfolio managers, sales leaders, product specialists, investment teams, executive leadership, and marketing colleagues to create content about market trends and investment opportunities across public and private market strategies. Projects may include white papers, short articles, client emails, digital content, investment commentaries and other sales support materials. The individual will also work closely with the team leader to develop the firm’s content strategy, manage the editorial pipeline, and gather feedback from stakeholders in investment and distribution teams.
Critical attributes are strong project leadership and collaboration, timely execution, deep knowledge of financial markets, and clear written and verbal communication skills. Majority of time will be spent on individual projects, balanced with team discussion and planning, requiring an exceptional work ethic in a largely remote-work environment.
• Create investor-focused educational content including investment perspectives, market outlooks, asset allocation strategies and industry trends.
• Work closely with the team leader and other stakeholders, providing and receiving feedback and using judgment to incorporate comments. Must welcome constructive critique in the spirit of delivering content that motivates our audience to action.
• Develop deep understanding of Voya’s investment strategies to craft effective, information-rich materials.
• Represent the writing team in calls with sales and investment leaders to align priorities, elicit feedback and provide project status updates.
• Manage thought leadership projects from inception to publication, keeping deadlines on track and providing timely updates to stakeholders.
• Think creatively to generate high-impact ideas that will help drive assets and strengthen Voya IM’s reputation as an investment leader.
• Repurpose content for different audiences and different formats, such as leveraging a white paper to create a series of short, digestible web articles.
• Ensure consistent editorial standards across a variety of print and digital formats. This includes being an evangelist for the Principles of Effective Content.
• Other related duties as needed.
• At least 7 years of writing experience in financial services, with direct experience writing investment-focused white papers and short-form content
• Strong understanding of macroeconomics, financial markets, investment products and asset management
• Superior writing and editing skills, motivated by a curiosity to develop talents and expand knowledge
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and crisply in writing and in person (whether virtual or physical)
• Strong data visualization skills, leveraging the principles of Storytelling With Data; proficient with Excel analysis and charting tools
• Experience writing for institutional, financial advisor and individual investor audiences
• Demonstrate inclusive behaviors in support of a culture that values diverse perspectives and continuous improvement
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
• Strong organizational, teamwork and leadership skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or CFA a plus
• Experience in retirement and DCIO content a plus
• With resume submission, bonus for writing a haiku about current market conditions
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is 145-150k. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to the base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities based on each role to reward achievement of annual performance objectives. A list of additional benefits can be found on our job posting and on our Voya career page. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.