The role sits within a leading global investment firm who work with endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net-worth private clients to implement and manage custom investment portfolios to generate and maximise performance.
The international tax analyst position will provide a great platform for growth and development. The role involves working with a strong, international tax and finance team on diverse aspects of tax including international tax compliance, direct and indirect tax, research, and input to a variety of cross-functional projects. The successful individual will work directly with senior team-members and interact cross-functionally with the extended Finance and Operations teams as well as with the broader business.
Supporting the firm's International tax function and all related tax filings including, but not limited to:
- Country-specific corporate tax compliance including estimated tax payments, extensions and annual tax return compliance working alongside internal team and external advisors
- Quarterly VAT and GST tax filings, calculations and payment execution
- Quarterly and annual tax provisioning process under FAS 109
- Keeping abreast of international tax issues
Responsible as back-up support for domestic tax associate related to:
- Calculation of, and payment execution of required domestic state and federal tax filings as needed
- Assistance in ensuring the firm remains compliant with all laws and government reporting
- Liaise closely with Operations and Accounting teams to understand various tax implications of business decisions, new clients, and other impactful items
- Provide recommendations for process improvement and change implementation
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideal candidate has some experience s of progressive tax experience in a multinational industry tax department, or a public accounting firm
- Experience with international taxes such as tax provisioning or international corporate income tax compliance a plus
- Experience with international tax compliance, and working with flow-through entities such as partnerships a plus
- An individual who is comfortable working independently and a proactive communicator who can work effectively in a remote environment.
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder management - this is a visible role, and an ideal opportunity to join a highly collaborative environment working closely with internal and external teams