Private Equity Analyst
Private Equity Analyst
Who we are
At the Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS), we help provide more than 330,000 Texans with retirement, disability, and survivor benefits. TCDRS is one of the best funded retirement systems in the nation with nearly $43 billion of assets under management. Our unique features keep us financially strong.
What we need
The Private Equity Analyst will work with TCDRS’ Deputy Investment Officer-Investments, other private equity staff members, and the external consultant to oversee the trust’s private equity and private real estate portfolios. These portfolios consist of a globally diverse set of buyout, venture capital, energy/natural resources, and opportunistic real estate partnership investments.
What you’ll do
• Create and maintain reports to be used in the due diligence and investment monitoring process
• Populate and maintain investment databases
• Provide investment managers with insight derived from analytical work performed
• Prepare weekly and quarterly reports on manager performance and investment activity
• Coordinate and participate in update and introductory meetings with existing and potential managers
What you should have
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, economics or accounting, or equivalent experience
• One-to-two years of experience in investments is preferred, but will consider recent university graduates
• Attainment of or progress towards CPA, CAIA or CFA certification is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word; strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously in a team environment
• Must be able to interact confidently with senior investment and management professionals
• Must possess an analytical mind, a good work ethic, and have an interest in investing
What you’ll get
TCDRS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The TCDRS office is a dynamic work environment in Austin, Texas, overlooking Zilker Park, but this position will be work-from-home until COVID-19 concerns abate. This is not just a job, but a chance to help thousands of Texans plan for the future.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, submit your resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements to InvJobs@tcdrs.org. Please refer to the job title in the subject line of your email.