Team Leader – Private Equity
Sobre a vaga
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics, econometrics, or a related field; MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in private equity, investment banking, M&A advisory, consulting, financial services or similar field with a successful track record of leading a team of 3+ people is required
- Solid understanding of private equity/principal investors market and due diligences (incl. market modeling, expert interviews, external report analyses, conducting surveys) preferred
- Experience in developing and leveraging digital (analytical) tools is a plus
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build relationships within the team and with multiple stakeholders at all levels within McKinsey
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members and lead them to achieving set goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What You'll Do
You will help to further develop our Private Equity and Principal Investors practice by leading a sector focused team of 5-10 due diligence analysts.
In this role, you will participate in and help in recruiting efforts (as needed) and work closely with the PEIC manager to ensure development and coaching of team members as well as achievement of goals and KPIs set for your team. You will also act as a main contact person for senior stakeholders within specific sector of the Private Equity practice to ensure alignment and prioritization of team efforts.
In particular, you will lead a team to develop and deploy new standardized due diligence modules such as market models, customer survey design, expert interviews and synthesizing external reports as well as streamline our client development process.
You will also work with PEPI leadership in Europe to further standardize and digitize the way we approach and serve clients, including development and management of digital tools in this process.
In addition, you will take responsibility for team building and fostering a sense of community in the “new normal”. You will participate in onboarding team members and lead projects/initiatives related to the team’s health and professional development journey.
Occasionally you will also deploy your private equity expertise to support directly our client projects in the expert capacity or coaching and supervising a junior member of the team.
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Lisbon and will be part of our Private Equity Insights Center for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). As part of our Client Capabilities Network you will be helping our Private Equity and Principal Investors practice through sector (e.g., technology, media, telecom, healthcare, consumer, fintech, industrials, etc.) and team leader expertise.
The PEPI Insights Center is tasked with further improving the way we are serving our private market clients by delivering consistent and high quality due diligences, portfolio company transformations and strategic and organizational engagements, including further adoption and development of digital solutions.
You will work in a fast-growing, dynamic industry with broad exposure to very diverse markets and to develop a thorough understanding of how investors assess markets and targets together with colleagues and Private Equity practitioners worldwide.