Corporate Audit Manager
Sobre a vaga
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you are part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen our shared mission — to serve patients — drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together — researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Corporate Audit Manager
What You Will Do
In this vital role you will support and/or lead Amgen Affiliate and Third-Party audits that cover Financial, Operational, Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption, Healthcare Compliance and Privacy risks in all Ex-US Commercial regions (Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Canada and LatAm). You may also conduct audits of Research & Development and Manufacturing sites. You will also lead or support improvement projects that cover all aspects of internal audit activity. Key responsibilities of your role will include:
- Executing the Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Audit Committee
- Assisting the Senior Managers and Corporate Audit staff in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of the Company
- Participating in determining whether Corporate Audit’s process, document management systems, controls and governance are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate for a Company of our size and position
- Interacting with Amgen’s senior and/or mid-level management during engagements
- Exercising sound judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company
- Assisting on special projects as needed
- Discharging responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities
- Travelling up to 15% per year
Be part of our team
You would be joining a diverse team. Corporate Audit is managed from our corporate offices in Thousand Oaks, California. The full team is made up of 30+ professionals located in United States (California and Florida), United Kingdom (Uxbridge), Portugal (Lisbon), the Netherlands (Breda) and Hong Kong. Our International Audit team is comprised of 8 professionals with different levels of experience and backgrounds who are motivated to push the mission of Amgen forward and develop talent to support our ambitions and initiatives.
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. What we seek in you as an experienced professional, are these qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Compliance is desirable but not required)
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (both verbal and written) skills, including the ability to interact with Amgen senior management effectively and confidentially
- Excellent and insightful analytical skills; ability to be decisive, build teams, and provide leadership
- Excellent business acumen (e.g., knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions and knowledge of Accounting, Finance and other business areas)
- Being able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing and able to travel internationally (up to 15%)
- Language skills: Fluent in English
- Master’s Degree (an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Compliance is desirable but not required)
- Significant demonstrated related professional experience in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or Compliance roles
- External audit (e.g., Big 4) and / or internal audit (e.g., Fortune 500) experience
- Advanced certification i.e., CPA / Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control and risk frameworks
- Knowledge of Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Regulations, risks, and controls
- Experience in performing Third-Party audits and due diligence activities
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Other languages: Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Portuguese, etc.
What You Can Expect Of Us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.