Business Development, Finance, and Strategy Manager
Tidewater Renewables is traded on the TSX under the symbol "LCFS". Tidewater Renewables is a multi-faceted, energy transition company. The Corporation is focused on the production of low carbon fuels, including renewable diesel, renewable hydrogen, and renewable natural gas, as well as carbon capture through future initiatives. The Corporation was created in response to the growing demand for renewable fuels in North America and to capitalize on its potential to efficiently turn a wide variety of renewable feedstocks (such as tallow, used cooking oil, distillers corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil and other biomasses) into low carbon fuels. Tidewater Renewables' objective is to become one of the leading Canadian renewable fuel producers.
Tidewater Renewables has an immediate opening for a Business Development, Finance, and Strategy Manager / Senior Manager. This is a full-time position based in Calgary, AB. This is a fast paced, deadline driven role that requires superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in various project management activities for ongoing clean fuels projects and potential acquisition opportunities or other initiatives
- Work with Tidewater Renewables partners and senior Business Development leaders in the analysis of renewable diesel, renewable / blue hydrogen, renewable natural gas projects and potential acquisition opportunities
- Assist with developing presentations for internal functional groups and senior management regarding the assessment of various opportunities
- Perform industry research on topics of interest, including competitors, potential new jurisdictions, and new technologies, and presenting to the Business Development & Strategy team
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis and preparation from time to time for Board reporting, Board presentations or business plan development
- Perform economic screening analysis for new business development initiatives, including collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing model inputs for inclusion
- University degree in Business, Economics, or Finance from a nationally recognized undergraduate program
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in renewable energy, investment banking, private equity, or other finance
- High level understanding of low carbon regulations domestically and internationally; more specifically, understanding of regulations such as BC LCFS, CFS, U.S. LCFS, RINs, tax credits, grants and/or incentives available to renewable fuel projects would be considered an asset
- CFA designations preferred
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Engineering degree on top of the above would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and in particular an excellent ability to convey sophisticated information concisely
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy and clean fuels
- Excellent oral, written and analytic skills
- Driven self-starter and high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to operate at an extremely detailed level in a high intensity environment
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long-term incentive plans.
Tidewater Renewables offers a comprehensive benefit program including health, dental and medical coverage, paramedical services, a healthcare spending account and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.