Senior Operations & Client Services Specialist
This position will provide high touch institutional client service, support and reporting to the firm’s institutional clients and work closely with relationship managers to provide a high-quality experience to enhance client retention. The type of support typically includes on-boarding new accounts, providing performance data, preparing analytical materials used during client reviews, coordinating administrative activities with the firm’s operations and investment staff including billing and account reconciliation, dealing with custodian banks, interacting with client staff, and resolving any administrative and operational errors. This function is intended to support the relationship managers and our institutional clients as we grow and retain assets under management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces monthly, quarterly, annual client reports, working with various departments internally to gather required data along with other team members.
- Manage the overall process for producing client statements.
- Maintains client lists and internal documentation of client data (contacts, addresses, authorized recipients of client information) while following established procedures to ensure proper documentation and tracking.
- Maintains client files (hard copy and electronic), coordinating with Compliance as necessary.
- Provides administrative support, either independently or under some direction, to an assigned group of clients.
- Resolves administrative issues directly; may require assistance when resolving more complex issues.
- Maintains day-to-day client contacts in a consistent manner, generally mid- or junior-level finance, investments, or human resources staff members.
- Must maintain a good, thorough understanding of the firm’s products and services.
- Coordinate, document and manage account openings, terminations, and transitions for both institutional accounts and pooled funds, including reviewing IMA's to determine scope of client expectation and developing processes to achieve best in class servicing delivery and standards.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, relationship managers, risk and compliance to develop new procedures as existing institutional accounts needs evolve or new relationships require reporting that is not standard.
- Provide direct support to clients to resolve complex issues and/or change the scope of their requirements
- Serve as liaison between custodians and/or internal operations and middle office operations to resolve issues that arise.
- Serve as the project point of contact for business initiatives involving Virtus Shared Services for client services and marketing.
- Review all client invoices on a quarterly basis to ensure accuracy and quality control. Develop processes to calculate fees using client-directed mandates included in the IMA. Report conclusions to the corporate office as well as the corporate office auditors.
- Coordinate and complete both client and compliance questionnaires and audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the MD of Admin & Ops or other senior management, as requested.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses, skills required)
- BS/BA degree with 5+ years’ experience in investment management client services, operations or related roles, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience required; ability to set project objectives to ensure team members adheres to project objectives and goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to provide clarity for others to accept new ideas or changing concepts, and initiates and directs the pace of change.
- Ability to comprehend strategic direction from senior leadership to provide feedback and input to enhance strategic direction.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency using MS software and internet research capabilities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid office environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work). Additionally, must work within a flexible schedule to meet the firm’s client service needs.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to operate a computer and communicate via a telephone.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Marketing and Public Relations Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors