Senior Internal Auditor
The Allspring Internal Audit Department provides global value-added risk-based assurance to key stakeholders with main objectives as follows in line with the International Standards of Professional Practice of Internal Auditing set forth by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA): Deliver transparent, complete, independent, and efficient assurance, considering business strategies, objectives, and risks.
Build progressively for assurance to evolve in line with the developmental transition phases of Allspring.
Offer ways to enhance governance. Enable the Allspring Board of Directors Audit Committee to fulfill its purpose. Provide assurance support for management attestation processes. Suggest value-added recommendations to mitigate risks and verify key risk mitigations. This position will be accountable to an Allspring Senior Audit Manager or Allspring Audit Manager. This employee must foster a collaborative environment that ensures timely communication and strong cooperation between the business and independent risk and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will serve as a catalyst for sound control management practices and strengthen the risk and control culture for Allspring.
- Responsible for executing Integrated audit engagements bringing to bear sophisticated views on asset management control structures and efficiencies.
- Responsible for executing audits across all risk topics except IT and Information Security.
- Responsible for executing audit engagements in line with the audit methodology related to operational, compliance/regulatory and investment risks and responding to quality assurance items with the Head of Internal Audit Methodology and Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for identification of areas of assurance cross reliance within IIA standards.
- Responsible for assisting the business in creating feasible and value-added risk mitigation plans.
- Responsible for executing validation of issues upon closure.
- Responsible for identifying control design recommendations that not only provide assurance that business objectives can be met in line with acceptable risk levels but also the identification of process and efficiency improvements within the control structure.
- The successful candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across Allspring in the development and execution of company control strategies.
- Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop professional and credible relationships with many business functional areas.
- Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection.
- Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and about their accomplishments.
- It requires a leader/executer with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills.
- A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment.
- The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- The role requires sound knowledge of the asset management business.
- Experience on control design, lines of defense structures, efficient operations, global alignment.
- Experience understanding of the risk management life cycle and internal audit data connections.
- Sound skills in control design via examination of control structures in relation to industry control frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree. 7+ Years of Experience in Financial Service Industry in Audit, Risk and/or Compliance with majority of time in Audit and focused on Operational and Integrated Audits.
- Ability to operate in a high pace/demanding environment and drive results through consistent anticipation of needs.
- Sound writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in COSO control design analysis and other global frameworks.
- Highly Desirable if the Candidate also has a background in IT Auditing (i.e., CISA).
- Certified Internal Auditor.
- Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Experience across lines of defense.
- Master’s in business administration.
- Control experience in both operations and information technology in Financial Services Industry.