Insurance / Pension Solutions Analyst
Institutional investors can have complex portfolio challenges— from Sovereign Wealth Funds looking for total return, Defined Contribution looking for sustainable and climate aligned income solutions, Pension Funds looking for equity risk management solutions or Insurance Companies looking for bespoke Buy-and-Maintain solutions.
Our Multi-Asset Solutions (MAS) team takes an integrated, discovery-based approach to guiding our clients to the insights that help them clarify their objectives and define the outcome. We are then able to present potential solutions to help them achieve what matters most.
Our team consists of diverse minds — including portfolio managers, actuaries, former consultants, and risk managers — who bring intelligence and expertise to our dialog with clients regarding their challenges and the desired outcomes.
MAS is seeking an Insurance Solutions Analyst with a client-focused approach to solving investment challenges primarily for insurance clients and prospects. The successful applicant should have an appreciation of the specific needs and constraints of insurance companies, and the ability to analyze company strategies and collaboratively develop investment solutions. The Analyst will perform analyses to position our products and solutions and then clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing. The Analyst will assist the team in maintaining and growing our external presence and promoting our capabilities. Applicants should enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, focusing on specific, ambitious goals and demonstrate a sense of accountability and urgency in achieving results.
The role gives extensive exposure and space for growth across asset classes, with solutions ranging from equity, derivatives, fixed income and multi-asset. The Analyst will have exposure to investment solution design as well as presenting to clients and prospects, working in a fast growing, innovative and dynamic team.
- Collaborating with team members to create solutions that enhance investment outcomes.
- Compiling information and performing analyses for routine and complex reports using spreadsheets and various software packages.
- Supporting client communications by producing presentations, charts, reports, letters, and emails.
- Resolving challenges before they are recognized by others.
- Building internal relationships and navigating complexities to solve issues independently and efficiently.
- Promoting scalability of processes.
- 3+ years of quantitative investment research experience.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Strong quantitative analysis and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with insurance companies and their regulatory and rating agency requirements.
- Coding skills in Python or R.
- BA/BS Degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, actuarial science, economics, or engineering.
- Actuarial qualifications (such as ACAS, FCAS, ASA, FSA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.