Defined Contribution (DC) Counsel
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the DC Counsel will have primary responsibility for handling all legal and regulatory matters related to LGIM America’s defined contribution strategy/product suite
- Work with DC Team on development of DC products and strategies, including retirement income solutions, QDIA-eligible products, mutual funds, collective investment trusts, and managed accounts.
- Advice on legal and regulatory risks and implications of DC products, strategies and services.
- Assist with drafting and maintenance of DC product materials.
- Lead contract negotiations with DC service providers.
- Supervision and coordination with external counsel with respect to DC legal and regulatory matters.
- Perform legal research and analysis; advise the business on regulatory developments and changes in legal requirements impacting the DC industry
- Provide support to compliance team on regulatory interpretation issues including regulatory filings
- Other tasks as identified by DGC
- Licensed to practice in IL
- 5-7 years DC industry experience required, preferably at a registered investment adviser, record-keeper, or DC consultant
- Experience with investment adviser regulatory matters, ERISA, and investment products (particularly, mutual funds and collective investment trusts) required
- Collaborative, team-oriented work ethic and commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team culture required
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry,
national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)