Director, Investment Strategy Group
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University.
- Strong technical skills using Excel, PowerPoint, the Microsoft Office Suite, and Morningstar Direct (preferred).
- Ability to understand risk statistics and portfolio characteristics, strong analytical skills.
- Relevant experience in investment management or a consulting background.
- CFA required, MBA preferred.
Responsibilities: The VP/Director is responsible for co-managing the research team and tracking all relevant existing and prospective investment managers across all asset classes. It is important that the VP/Director on a regular basis can update and make assessments on manager performance, conduct conference calls, prepare materials, present to clients, and articulate to his/her team any significant issues. The following is a list of specific responsibilities:
- Oversee multi-manager investment platform across all asset classes including initial and ongoing due diligence.
- Support private equity vintage fund rollout including manager selection and co-investment program.
- Research and educate firm and clients on non-traditional asset classes
- Co-manage model investment portfolios alongside CIO.
- Write periodic investment notes for client use covering major market themes.
- Co-manage junior personnel.
- Support brand recognition and thought leadership through speaking engagements at investment conferences.
- Prepare reports and present detailed results of the due diligence procedures (including concerns and recommendations) to the Investment Committee along with a recommendation as to whether the manager should be funded.
- Prepare and conduct in-depth on-site due diligence meetings with senior management.
- Attend client meetings and be able to clearly articulate manager strategies on the Bel Air platform.
- Assist client advisors in preparing presentations or materials for client/prospect meetings.
- Coordinate and assist with operational requests and requirements.
- Participate in department and Firm projects as assigned (i.e. mutual fund assessment, re-balancing, etc.).
- Fluency with various investment databases and performance reporting software (primarily Morningstar Direct).
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- High degree of personal integrity and high personal work ethics, coupled with the ability to earn and inspire respect and confidence among one’s peers, subordinates and senior management.
- Highly intelligent, quick, team-oriented, personable and creative. Willingness to share information and work with a team, no territorial desires. Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable articulating or presenting information to team.
- Strong, creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Aggressiveness in meeting commitments and a results orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and navigate organizational structures with sensitivity and finesse.
- Comfortable working without a lot of direction.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the financial markets, possess a working knowledge of the investment.