Head of Real Estate Capital
As P3I’s Head of Real Estate Capital, you will be responsible for expanding P3I’s client-facing service platform for both new and existing investors, the development and coordination of investor relations activities, building new capital relationships, developing securities offering strategies and funds structure strategies, and delivering P3I’s capital raising targets. You will also manage the development and delivery of effective communications to prospective and existing investors. You will also manage investors events, investor property tours/site visits, and conference events with the main objective focused on continuing to grow P3I’s invested capital in our various real estate investment products.
- Increasing P3I’s capital raising efforts for P3I offered investment products to a defined minimum annual target;
- Collaborate with the executive team to clearly define the business development strategy, national capital plan, and partner map in alignment with the desired future platform state and to differentiate P3I in the market;
- Interacting with key members of the broader investment community across Canada to secure investment in P3I products, including but not limited to, portfolio managers, high net worth individuals and families, institutional investors, and pension funds;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and refinement of P3I’s capital raising initiatives in collaboration with existing P3I professional employees as well as the Executive Team’s leadership to achieve or exceed organizational capital raising goals (debt and/or equity);
- Participate in and expand P3I’s investments in technology including CRM software, investor database software, and any other technology that will further our investors’ confidence in our reporting and capital raising platforms;
- Lead regular investor pitch meetings to assist with securing future funding rounds; and Manage and build a team of contributors and invest in long-term success by growing skill sets internally to create bench strength and scalable capability in sales, marketing, account management, and investment management operations.
- University Degree of relevance preferred along with a “Dealing Representative” designation as defined by the Manitoba, Ontario or British Columbia’s Securities Commissions or a willingness to secure same. CFA, CBV, or equivalent professional designations considered an asset;
- 7 years of experience in a revenue generating or business development position with experience in the private capital market or alternative investment market considered a strong asset; Strong connectivity and overall communication skills are a must;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of capital markets;
- Strong social skills meaning an unreserved ability to network and to connect with existing and potential investors;
- Strong presentation skills including written and verbal communications skills is required;
- Ability to bring forward new ideas in a growing company and work independently;
- Independent self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a senior leadership role; Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any time; and Investment banking, private equity, or similar experience considered a strong asset.