Strategy and Analytics Specialist - Asset Management
The Strategy and Analytics Specialist will be responsible for conducting business and industry analysis to support strategic initiatives and decision making across Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM). Reporting directly to the Head of Strategy for NTAM, the Specialist will drive projects in areas most relevant to the business strategic agenda.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with leadership team to set key business strategic priorities, articulate detailed strategic plans with specific deliverables and measurable outcomes on a range of critical topics
- Drive the transformation agenda of the business and support the development of organic and inorganic growth plans, operational and profitability goals
- Oversee key research projects, evaluating market and industry developments and potential competitor moves and translating research into impact to the business and recommended strategic responses
- Support strategic and tactical planning for Asset Management, identifying cross-functional strategic initiatives and supporting the development and alignment of functional strategies
- Conduct research in support of strategic topics and initiatives and distill complex topics into crisp PowerPoint presentations that communicate the key messages
- Identify the best data sources and develop ad-hoc queries and analysis to deliver key insights in support of strategic initiatives
- Perform business and operational data analytics to support management decision making, identify insights and make recommendation
- Support Asset Management’s articulation of strategy and future impact to the firm’s Board of Director
- Foster well prepared, engaged and action oriented executive offsites on key topics that advance NTAM business priorities
- Develop OKRs and KPIs that enable the business to measure and provide transparency on progress against strategic priorities
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong consultative skills ranging from analytics, strategy development, influencing, facilitation and consensus building
- Ability to identify key primary and secondary data sources and utilize data-driven insights to effectively improve business decisions and provide clarity
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to organize, structure and process moderate to large sets of data efficiently and effectively into meaningful and actionable insights
- Expert user of PowerPoint and Excel, including modeling and data manipulation required
- Experience with data manipulation and visualization tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI highly desirable
- Translates strategies into actionable and quantitative plans. Provides metrics and KPI’s related to the status of strategic initiatives
- High degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity; comfort in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Dynamic relationship building and partnership skills; a strong collaborator with experience leading initiatives across multiple groups and stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to develop materials and effectively present to and persuade executive audiences
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree; Master in Business Administration and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- At least six+ years of work experience in corporate strategy or as a management consultant.
- Experience with data and digital transformation programs highly preferred.
- Asset management industry experience and product knowledge highly preferred. Financial Services experiences required.