The firm is notably a fund management company based in Geneva who is now looking to add an investment associate to its team. This is a rare opportunity to join a very successful infrastructure fund taking up a front-line role on key transactions across all infrastructure sub-sector. You will have exposure to all aspects of the investment process, along with some portfolio management tasks. Day to day, you will notably work on valuations, investment appraisals, negotiations with other parties involved in transactions, financial and legal structuring, financial and business analysis.Requirements:
Assisting in targeting and evaluating new investment opportunities. Assessing potential investment opportunities through financial modelling and company/industry research. Negotiation, implementation, and follow-up of senior and/or junior debt financing. Planning and completion of due diligence through working with operational teams and advisors to be an integral contributor in the due diligence process supporting investment activities. Research industry opportunities to identify and assess impact of key value drivers on a transaction and business assumptions. Coordinating and assisting operating management teams with various corporate development transactions. Monitor and assist in the management of existing portfolio companies. Writing investment cases for the investment committee.Skills
- A rigorous and meticulous level of attention to detail is essential.
- A strong work ethic and sustained adherence to the values of the firm.
- Strong communication skills paired with the ability to work collaboratively.
- A high level of interest in the infrastructure sector.
- Evidence of strong numerical, writing and communication skills.
- Only candidates from top tier institutions shall be considered with preference for a background in an industrial or construction company.
- They should have 4-5 years of experience with direct involvement in project finance / PPP-PFI.
- Strong deal sheet.
- Top tier engineer diploma and/or top tier management & finance diploma. An additional law degree is a plus.
- Language: French and English are essential; a third European language is an advantage.
- Understanding of model building and required outputs: ability to navigate, understand, design and build project finance-based model (Excel and VBA).
- In-depth knowledge of project finance structuring.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory / legal / technical / accounting / fiscal aspects of sector.
- In-depth knowledge of client / industry / features, issues, and trends in the project finance industry.