Fund Accountant / Investment Operations Administration
Operations Leadership and Management
Qualification and Experience Requirement
- Ensure proper management of resources and effective, efficient operations in accordance with defined staffing, workflow and delivery
- Provide a strong hands on, day-to-day leadership and management presence
- Lead by ensuring that operations team leaders and staff clearly understand and embrace the Company's vision, mission and objectives
- Work collaboratively with other senior executives to ensure that the Company maximizes operating leverage through performance improvements, work flow efficiencies and system enhancements
- Oversee the development of business rules, processes and audit exception arguments
- Lead the development and implementation of key performance standards and measures; identify and employ business process improvement strategies and tactics to ensure external and internal KPI objectives are met
- Lead the development and implementation of key quality assurance standards and measures; identify and employ quality assurance improvement strategies and tactics to ensure external and internal quality objectives are met
- Manage and plan for Company growth to ensure adequate staffing (given training lead times) to meet Client expectations and service level agreements (SLAs); develop staffing models; establish standards; set clear expectations; motivate leaders and staff to achieve goals
- Work with management to develop and implement an Operational Team Training Program designed to ensure that staff have the knowledge and expertise to deliver the Company's work products
- Ensure training and evaluation of key operations team leaders.
- Work with the Head of Admin or Senior Manager to develop and implement appropriate rewards, recognition, coaching and corrective practices to align staff with Company goals; support an open door policy among all staff
- Create and maintain all operations policies, procedures, workflows and reports to the Head of Admin or Senior Manager
- Oversee all fund accounting and banking functions, departmental budget development, the provision of relevant information for the financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with all the regulatory requirements and portfolio/fund mandates.
- Work with the Head of Admin or Senior Manager to manage and plan for all the systems upgrades and resulting update in the process and procedures, ensure that staff are trained adequately and change management processes are followed.
- Collaborate with Technology department to develop, test and implement system and business processes enhancements.
- Participate and contribute to any special projects as assigned.
- Oversee Portfolio Administration on the department systems and applications (including Sungard Suite & Neoxam):
- Checking and confirmation of all trades including but not limited to equities, income, sukuks, deposits and other instruments as allowed by regulation.
- Loading and verification of expenses
- Capturing income dividends, etc.
- Loading of new securities and portfolios in the systems
- Valuation and calculation of NAV for the unitized mandates.
- The NAV of each fund is calculated accurately at each valuation day in accordance with the regulation and prospectus.
- Portfolios are valued completely and accurately (valuation of equity instruments)
- Ensure that this figures are reported to the regulators, data services providers, media and clients timeously
- Ensure that accurate foreign exchange rates are used in the translation of non-base currency denominated securities and balances are accurately converted into base currency.
- Ensure that correct number of shares in issue at each valuation point in the calculation of the NAV
- Ensure that the calculation of distributions are done accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all the information in the system and applications of the department are accurate and complete.
- Ensure that the portfolio and transactions are accurately processed, authorized, and executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Corporate events
- Ensure that the various types of corporate actions are captured on the system correctly.
- Ensure that investment income accruals are recorded accurately and timeously.
- Ensure that investment income are received in the relevant bank accounts on the relevant dates.
- Ensure that complex corporate actions including voluntary are captured in accordance with the recommendation of the investment analyst and corporate action committee.
- Ensure that withholding tax and WHT tax claims receivable in respect of dividend accrued are accurately accounted for and claimed
- Performance fee calculation and Reporting
- Ensure the accuracy in the performance calculation as per GIPS standards and prospectus
- Ensure accuracy in the performance reporting to clients, data services providers, rating agencies and internally to the relevant department.
- Will be responsible for the following:
- Continuous Business Process Improvement function
- Work flow automation
- Procedure manual review and updating and regulation
- Industry Updates
- Ensure that recons are done timeously and accurately:
- Bank recons
- Script recons
- Systems recons in Neoxam (InvestOne).
- Responsible for management of relationship with
- Internal departments
- Custodians and Depositary
- Data Service providers
- Service Delivery Management
- Client relationship and complaint management
- Client satisfaction and timely reporting
- Ensure that reporting is done accurately and timeously and this include both external and internal reporting to
- Institutional Client Reporting
- Unitized PortfolioReporting
- Data service providers and media
- Create, implement and maintain reports and documentation and according to the legislation
- Quality reporting to the clients
- File management and database records in the systems as well as in hard copies
- Updates of new regulation released and inclusion in the procedure manual and business process, exception records of the portfolios compliance with the prospectus
- Ensure understanding of front and back office systems including Neoxam, Xamin, InvestOne, Neoxam
Qualification and Experience Requirement
- Excellent academic record.
- A certificate in Investment Fund Services and or Professional Certificate in Compliance is prerequisite for this role
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or any other recognized relevant qualification.
- 5-8 years post qualification experience in back office administration function within asset administration department of a recognized Financial Services Company.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of achieving goals; analytical, planning, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure that the organization runs smoothly.
- Capacity for managing and leading people.
- Capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, cultivate entrepreneurialism and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team
- Ability to act and react as necessary even if limited information is available.
- Ability to overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited direction.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication, listening and consultative skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and establish a positive team environment.
- Driven and self-disciplined.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Ability to ensure compliance with rules, processes and procedures.